NEW: Tsarnaev Guilty in Boston Marathon Bombing
Thursday, April 09, 2015
The trial began on March 4. His defense lawyers admitted from beginning of the trial that he took part in the attack. The strategy was to save him from execution by claiming he was influenced by his radicalized older brother, Tamerlan.
Tsarnaev was accused of planning the bombing of the Boston Marathon with his older brother Tamerlan on April 15, 2013. Three people were killed and over 260 more were injured by the blasts set off from the brothers’ pressure cooker style bombs.
Tsarnaev was also accused of killing MIT police officer Sean Collier three days later, carjacking another man at gunpoint, and throwing bombs and opening fire at police in a shootout in Watertown.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed during the shootout when he was run over in the carjacked vehicle by his younger brother.
- NEW: State Sen. Moore Issues Statement on Boston Marathon Bombings
- GoLocal’s Coverage of the Boston Marathon Explosions
- Bob Lobel: The Boston Marathon and Me
- NEW: Statement from Lt. Gov. Murray on Boston Marathon Bombings
- Two-Time Boston Marathon Winner Geoff Smith Describes Explosion Scene
- NEW: Statement from Governor Patrick on Boston Marathon
- Local Runners Represent in Boston Marathon
- NEW: Multiple Explosions at Boston Marathon
- Video of the Explosion at the Boston Marathon
- NEW: Suspect Identified in Boston Marathon Bombings; Arrest Imminent
- Warren Speaks on Senate Floor About Boston Marathon Bombings
- Boston Marathon Bombings - By the Numbers
- Rob Horowitz: How The Boston Marathon Tragedy Brings Us Together
- Consumer Warning: BBB Warns of Fake Boston Marathon Charities
- You Could Not Have Missed It: Boston Marathon Bombings Roundup
- BREAKING: MBTA Closed As Police Search for Boston Marathon Bomber #2
- Terrorism Expert Talks Boston Marathon and Ricin Scare
- Obama’s Speech at Interfaith Service to Remember Victims of Boston Marathon Bombings
- NEW: Video Of Boston Marathon Bombing Suspects Released by FBI
- Nguyen: Boston Marathon Bomber’s Jury: How Did We Get Here?