Monfredo: Worcester Public School’s Looking for Update - Take Survey
Sunday, March 11, 2018
Many school committee members, including myself, for years, have voiced concerns about marketing our schools so that parents know the strengths of the district and what the schools have to offer for their children. I have suggested in the past that we need to alert real estate people why new families coming into Worcester should consider the Worcester Public Schools as their first choice. As a school committee member I have received telephone calls from real estate agents looking for this information and from parents wanting to know more about the district as they look for a home in Worcester.
Heading up the project is Sarah Kyriazis, the new district’s manager of instructional technology and digital learning. According to Ms. Kyriazis the project went out to bid last year and the district has hired website designer MRW Connected and graphic design agency Opus Design to oversee the work.
In discussing the project Ms. Kyriazis stated, “We hope that our new brand and website are a true reflection of what the Worcester Public Schools represents and has to offer. Worcester Public Schools has so many vibrant students, teachers, and programs that everyone should know about. The new website will also be easy to use and will improve communication to all of our stakeholders.”
Superintendent Binienda in discussing the project hopes that the district gets a great deal of feedback from the community for good communication and transparency are all part of a strong school system. She went on to say, “I look forward to seeing our new website. This is an exciting opportunity for the Worcester Public Schools as we continue to increase our digital footprint in the Worcester community.”
As stated in the press release, “ Part of the process is learning and articulating who we are and what we aspire to be. We invite students, teachers, staff, families, community members, and businesses to take a survey.” Before designing the new site the project committee wants input from the public.
The survey can be taken in seven languages … English, Spanish, Portuguese, Albanian, Twi, Vietnamese and Arabic. The survey closes on March 16th so I would urge everyone to check it out. The link to the survey is HERE.
Once the survey and the feedback from the community takes place the plans will be unveiled in April and it will be followed by its new website in late summer. Now it’s your turn to give feedback to the district…
- Monfredo: Reading Campaign Continues On Election Day As A Reminder To Our Voters
- Monfredo: Vote No on Questions 2 & 4
- Monfredo: Be A Raktivist And Help Change Our Community
- Monfredo: Cell Phone Exposure To Radiation … What Do You Know About It?
- Monfredo: PCBs - A Problem In Our Nation’s Schools & In The District
- Monfredo: Time For Everyone To Research The Health Affects Of Wireless Technology
- Monfredo: North High & South High Kickoff Rally For Ap Students
- Monfredo: School Opening Off To A Flying Start..
- Monfredo: Rob Pezzella Named Grand Marshall of Columbus Day Parade
- Monfredo: Wellness, A Factor In Learning, Health Ambassadors Take Center Stage
- Monfredo: Superintendent Binienda’s First 100 Days In Office
- Monfredo: Discussion On A Solution to Pcb Plan Addressed at Burncoat
- Monfredo: What Can Be Done To Change Starting Time In Our Secondary Schools?
- Monfredo: All Aboard for “Love a Book Month”
- Monfredo: Addressing the Achievement Gap Starts in the Early Years
- Monfredo: Needed - Advocates to Move the Foundation Budget Forward
- Monfredo: Love a Book Month - A tradition in Worcester
- Monfredo: Students Learn Life-Saving Skills in the WPS
- Monfredo: Students Express Their Thoughts at MLK Jr. Ceremonies
- Monfredo: Worcester Public School Students Excited About College Placements
- Monfredo: Creative Gift Giving This Holiday Season
- Monfredo: The Spirit Of Christmas Lives In ”Coats For Kids” Project
- Monfredo: Time For Making Those New Year Resolutions As A Family
- Monfredo: Foundation Budget Needs to Move Forward Now Contact State Officials
- Monfredo: Worcester School Committee Getting Close to Taking Legal Action Against State