NEW: Guilfoyle Named Assumption’s Exec. Director of Communications
Friday, October 11, 2013
“Michael brings over 15 years of senior leadership experience in the communications field to Assumption’s marketing and communications efforts,” said President Cesareo. “His professionalism, creativity, and understanding of social media will serve the College well in communicating to the world the value of an Assumption education. Michael’s appreciation for a liberal arts education and our Catholic identity will strengthen our marketing strategy in this highly competitive market.”
Guilfoyle joins Assumption after having served the past eight years as secretary for public affairs and communications and chief spokesperson for the Diocese of Providence, Rhode Island. There, he provided communications counsel to the bishop and oversaw the production of the weekly diocesan newspaper. Guilfoyle also led an effort to redesign the diocesan web-based, multimedia assets, including the newspaper by revitalizing its visual presentation and editorial content.
“Through its faculty, students, staff, alumni and leadership team led by President Cesareo, Assumption College has earned a noteworthy reputation of excellence in higher education," said Guilfoyle. "I look forward to this exciting opportunity to share the tremendous value of an Assumption education.”
Prior to joining the Diocese of Providence, Guilfoyle served in the United States Congress for eight years as director of communications and chief spokesperson for Rhode Island Congressman Jim Langevin and as press secretary to Rhode Island Congressman Robert Weygand. Before his congressional service, Guilfoyle worked with NBC News’s political unit during a presidential campaign in numerous locations across the country.
With regard to his volunteer endeavors, Guilfoyle is a present or former board member of St. Raphael Academy, Blessed Sacrament Elementary School, Feed 1,000, and Smithfield Little League.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from Saint Anselm College in Manchester, N.H., and lives in Rhode Island with his wife Kristen and their two children.
Guilfoyle succeeds former executive director Renee Buisson, who is now assistant chancellor for marketing at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth.
- Assumption Hosts State Science Competition
- Assumption Joins World Youth Day 2013 in Brazil
- Assumption to Host Renowned Religious Speaker
- Assumption’s Haag Looking to Land a Spot In Pro Football
- BREAKING: Assumption Student Who Supported Norway Killer No Longer On Campus
- Count Us In: Assumption Students Partner With Worcester Housing Group
- Grace Kelly Quintet Brings a Taste of Jazz to Assumption College
- International Outrage Sparked By Assumption Student
- NEW: Assumption Appoints Director of Public Safety, Police Chief
- NEW: Assumption College Opens Rome Campus
- NEW: Assumption College Students Awarded Fulbright Scholarships
- NEW: Assumption Names 2013 Commencement Speaker
- NEW: Assumption Names New VP for Institutional Advancement
- NEW: Assumption Student Proclaims Support for Norway Mass Murderer
- Shane Keddy Makes Mark at Assumption
- Stained Glass Windows at Assumption Honor 1953 Tornado Victims
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.