Worcester Airport: Top Stories in Central Mass in 2012
Monday, December 31, 2012
Some questioned whether MassPort, which took over operations of the Worcester Airport in 2010, was content to let the facility lie dormant while Logan Airport in Boston flourished, but it wasn't long before a new potential suitor came calling.
JetBlue CEO David Barger toured Worcester and met with local officials to discuss the possibility of once again bringing a commercial airline back to the city, but Lieutenant Governor Tim Murray was running the show that day because Governor Deval Patrick was busy touring the Boston Ballet and could not attend.
While JetBlue continues to contemplate expanding service to Worcester, Rectrix Aviation, a private charter jet company, made moves to establish a fixed-base operation at the airport, so planes will be taking off once more.
- Gov. Patrick Goes to Ballet and Snubs JetBlue CEO
- NEW: JetBlue CEO Barger: “Worcester Feels Very JetBlue”
- GoLocalTV: Worcester Regional Airport Welcomes Rectrix Aviation
- Is MassPort Mothballing Worcester Airport to Protect Logan Revenues?
- NEW: Massport Responds to Direct Air Flight Concerns
- Breaking: Direct Air Cancels Flights til May