Nichols College Men’s Hockey Raises Over $4,400 for Movember Foundation
Thursday, December 03, 2015
Every member of the team grew a mustache in support of the global charity that is committed to men living a happier, healthier and longer life.
“I’m extremely proud of the boys’ efforts in the fundraiser for men’s health and awareness. They really came together as a group and had a lot of fun with it. Hopefully, this is something that will evolve into a tradition here at Nichols. Being the fourth-highest grossing team in the nation is quite an accomplishment for our program. It speaks to the quality of student-athletes we have here at Nichols and their commitment to giving back. Coincidently, we went undefeated throughout the entire month of November and I think that’ll make it hard to get rid of the mustaches," said Nichols head coach Parker Burgess.
Nichols started the month with a goal of raising $2,500 but surpassed it halfway through the month and finished with a total of $4,479.
How They Stack up Nationally
Nichols finished ahead of defending champion Trinity who raised $4,087 as well as St. Thomas who raised $3,090.
The Bison finished behind only Notre Dame basketball, who raised $34,883, St. John's lacrosse, who raised $22,403, and Tufts lacrosse, who raised $13,608.
The Movember Foundation
The Movember Foundation started this movement in 2003 and has seen millions join in over the years. The foundation has raised $650 million and funding over 1,000 programs that focus on prostate cancer, testicular cancer, poor mental health and physical inactivity.
- Nichols College Scores a $5 million Gift
- Nichols College to Host “No Evil Project” Exhibit
- Nichols Set to Host First International Music Festival
- A New Attitude for Nichols Lacrosse
- Seen: Jack Nicholson, Arianna Huffington & More
- Nichols College to Host an NBC Executive and a Huffington Post Contributor
- Nichols College to Host Lecture on Economic Democracy This Friday
- Hazing Incident at Nichols Unveils Potential Deadly Impact
- Research Bureau Set to Host Seventh Collegiate Lecture at Nichols College
- Nichols College Freezes Tuition Increase for 2016
- Holy Cross Rolls Nichols, 101-70, Improves to 3-0
- Nichols College Issued $20M in Bonds for Campus Enhancements
- Central MA College Standout: Nichols’s Patrick Hoey
- Nichols College Launches $45 Million Fundraising Campaign