Patriots Receiver Mitchell Seeks Publisher for Children’s Books
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Mitchell wrote “The Magician’s Hat” while he was at the University of Georgia and self-published it, but he is looking to push it out further.
“Right now I am trying to work with a publisher to get ‘The Magician’s Hat’ out even more and hopefully they will work with me even more on a second book because I do have one and I am ready to move forward because I feel like reading can definitely help kids and people reach their full potential," Mitchell said during an appearance on NFL Network.
“The Magician’s Hat” is about the power of books and how they can explore dreams as well as develop creativity.
Mitchell with the Patriots
In 14 games with the Patriots, six of which he started, Mitchell hauled in 32 passes for 401 yards and four touchdowns.
He also became the first rookie Tom Brady ever completed a pass to in a Super Bowl.
“Coming in, my main focus was just to make the team. You know, no opportunity is concrete. No situation is promised. And from the time I walked into training camp, I worked as hard as I could not knowing the outcome, but knowing I wanted to be ready just in case anything came,” Mitchell told NFL Network.
Related Slideshow: 16 Plays That Define the Patriots 2016 Season Regular Season - in Vines
LeGarrette Blount Leaps Over a Dolphins Player
LeGarrette Blount took a toss from rookie quarterback Jacoby Brissett and proceeded to make an Olympic hurdle type leap over Dolphins' defensive back Byron Maxwell and pick up the first down
Blount ran for 123 yards and a touchdown on 23 carries.
Garoppolo Dominates Miami
In the Patriots home opener against the rival Miami Dolphins, Garoppolo was dominant, completing 18 of 27 passes for 234 yards and three touchdowns, including this one to Danny Amendola.
Garoppolo would get injured just before halftime and the Patriots would hold on to win 31-24.
Hightower's big hit on Browns quarterback Cody Kessler knocked him out of the game. The next week, Hightower would sack Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton in the end zone for a safety and change the momentum of that game.
So far this season, Hightower has 1.5 sacks, one safety, 14 solo tackles and one pass defensed in six games played.
Tom Brady Plays First Game Back at Gillette
Brady made his return to the Patriots in the previous game on the road against Cleveland, but his first game back at Gillette Stadium came against the Bengals.
Brady hit running back James White for his first touchdown pass of the day and New England won 35-17.
He finished the game completing 29 of 35 passes for 376 yards and three touchdowns.
Gronkowski Injured on Hit by Seattle's Earl Thomas
Near the end of the 2nd quarter of the Patriots game against Seattle, Earl Thomas hit Rob Gronkowski square in the chest. Just two weeks later, it would be announced that Gronkowski would be out for the season.
The Patriots lost to Seattle 31-24
Brady Nearly Fumbles Against Jets, Throws Touchdown to Mitchell
Trailing 10-3 and on the Jets five-yard line, Brady fumbled the snap picked it up and found Malcolm Mitchell in the back of the end zone for a touchdown to tie the game at ten following a Gostkowski extra point.
The Patriots would go on to win 22-17.
Shea McClellin Blocks Ravens Field Goal
The Ravens threatened to take the lead, 3-2, midway through the first quarter on a field goal attempt by kicker Justin Tucker, but New England's Shea McClellin jumped over the center and got the block. The Patriots offense scored a touchdown on their ensuing possession to take a 9-0 lead.
The Patriots would go on to win the game 30-23.
Blount Breaks Curtis Martin's Record for Rushing TDs in a Season
Running back LeGarrette Blount recorded his 15th rushing touchdown of the season in the Patriots win over Denver. With the score, he passed Curtis Martin for most rushing touchdowns in a season.
The Patriots beat Denver 16-3 to clinch AFC East.
McCourty's Hit on DeMaryius Thomas
On a fourth and 2, Devin McCourty put an end to Denver's come come back hopes with this hit on DeMaryius Thomas that forced him to drop the ball.
Had Thomas made the catch, the Broncos would have likely scored on the drive, making the final minutes a little more nervewracking.
Matt Lengel Catches First Touchdown Pass
Lengel came over to the Patriots from the Bengals practice squad and had never caught a touchdown pass in his career.
Already up 13-0, Tom Brady hit Lengel over the middle for an 18-yard touchdown pass to give the Patriots a 20-0 lead. It was Lengel's first catch, first target, and first touchdown.
The Patriots would go on to beat the Jets 41-3.
Michael Floyd's Block on Lippitt to Spring Edelman Against Miami
Michael Floyd's block on Miami's Tony Lippit to spring Julian Edelman's 77 yard touchdown is one of the greatest blocks in Patriots history.
The Patriots beat the Dolphins 35-14 to clinch the top seed in the AFC heading into the playoffs.
- Steelers’ Tomlin Calls Patriots “A-Holes” in Facebook Live Video
- Patriots to Host Steelers in AFC Championship Game
- Patriots vs Steelers - the Edge in the Last 10 Meetings
- Trump Wishes Patriots Luck in AFC Championship on Night Before Inauguration
- The 20 Biggest Wins In Patriots History
- Patriots Beat Texans to Advance to 6th Straight AFC Championship
- What to Watch For: Texans vs. Patriots - AFC Divisional Playoffs
- German Announcers Go Crazy for Patriots’ “Monster Block”
- 16 Plays That Define the Patriots 2016 Regular Season - in Vines
- Patriots to Play Houston in AFC Divisional Round at Gillette Stadium
- Patriots Running Game - Best Since 2004?
- What to Watch For: Steelers vs Patriots - AFC Championship
- Patriots Set as 3-Point Favorites in Super Bowl vs. Atlanta
- Patriots Super Bowl Parade Set for Tuesday at 11 a.m.
- What to Watch For: Super Bowl 51 - Patriots vs Falcons
- Patriots Complete Incredible Comeback to Win Super Bowl 51 Over Falcons
- Patriots Trademark “Blitz For Six” Phrase for Next Season
- Patriots’ Jones Calls Rookie Season “Painful” & an “Embarrassment”
- The Matchup History Between the Patriots and Falcons
- Patriots to Play Oakland in Mexico City in 2017
- Hogan’s 2 Touchdowns, 180 Receiving Yards Lead Patriots to Super Bowl LI
- The Patriots History Playing in Houston
- Patriots Announce Details of Monday’s Super Bowl Send-Off Rally
- Reliving the Patriots 8 Super Bowl Appearances
- Patriots’ Butler to Have Life Story Told in Movie Titled “The Secondary”