Sports Talk Show Host Michael Holley Leaves WEEI
Thursday, March 01, 2018
His final day was Wednesday, February 28.
WEEI vice-president Mark Hannon released the following statement:
“After 13 years with WEEI, Michael Holley has chosen not to renew his agreement with the station. He was offered a multi-year extension at WEEI, but has opted instead to expand his role on NBC Sports Boston beginning next week.
Michael has been a stable at WEEI over the last decade plus, and while we are saddened by his decision, we wish him nothing but the best as he continues his career in television. A search to replace Michael as co-host of the Dale & Holley Show with Rich Keefe will commence immediately.”
Holley at WEEI
Holley joined WEEI in 2005 where he took over the midday show with Dale Arnold called “Dale & Holley.”
In 2011, Holley joined Glenn Ordway as co-host of "The Big Show" before Mike Salk replaced Ordway as host and the show was renamed Salk and Holley on in March of 2013.
Following Salk’s departure, WEEI relaunched the Dale and Holley show in 2014 and it has been that way until Holley announced he was leaving on Wednesday.
- Sports Hub Blasts WEEI In Ratings
- Major Changes at WEEI
- Red Sox Report: A Big Move At WEEI
- Worcester’s Erin O’Connell Enjoying Life on WEEI’s Planet Mikey
- New England Media Changes Hitting Worcester Radio, Boston Globe and WEEI v Sports Hub
- Brady Cuts Short WEEI Interview, Host Called His Daughter “An Annoying Little Pissant”