BVCC to Showcase Local Manufacturers and Students on Manufacturing Day
Wednesday, October 01, 2014
Participating high school systems will include Blackstone-Millville, Douglas, Hopedale, Grafton, Milford, Nipmuc, Northbridge and Uxbridge.
St. Gobain, Waters Corporation, Atlas Box Corporation, Eastern Acoustic Works, Irrigation Automation Systems, Lampin Corporation, Lenze AC Technologies, Omni Control Technologies, Package Industries and Precision Engineering are some of the local manufacturing companies.
"We are delighted to participate in this educational event for area students by providing them with an opportunity to experience the manufacturing process first-hand,” said Chuck Edwards, president of Lenze Americas. “We believe the future of manufacturing depends on the education of our youth. By sharing our global expertise within this unique environment, Lenze will be able to provide students with an opportunity to experience the value of a career in manufacturing."
Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Jeannie Hebert states, “This first year is a pilot program that we hope to grow to include participation by all the Central Massachusetts Chambers and manufacturers in 2015. Where better to begin than the Blackstone Valley, “The Birthplace of the American Industrial Revolution?” If you can think it, it can be manufactured! We want to thank our manufacturing partners for donating their time and talent to bring this idea to fruition.”
The partnership with the BV Education Foundation is supported through funding from the Massachusetts "AMP IT UP" grant.
Paul Lynskey, Executive Director of the BVEF says, “This is quite an impressive program for the Valley Students to take advantage of. We are happy to have been able to have had the opportunity to offer it to the school systems serviced by the BV Education Foundation.”
- Blackstone Valley Education Foundation Awarded $55,000 Manufacturing Grant
- Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce to Present Sunrise Seminar
- Worcester Chamber Wants $1.2M To Court Biomed + Tech Manufacturing
- Is Manufacturing on the Rise in Worcester?
- Mass. Manufacturing Summit to Be Held in Worcester Next Tuesday
- Central MA Manufacturing Strengthened By New Training Program
- WPI Biomanufacturing Expert to Speak at International Summit
- Ten Biggest Manufacturers in Central MA
- Quinsigamond Community College To Celebrate Manufacturing Day
- Worcester Chamber Gets Behind Local Manufacturing
- Eppendorf Partners with Biomanufacturing Center at WPI