Price Rite Marketplace Donates $10,524 to Worcester County Food Bank
Saturday, June 02, 2018
The money comes from funds raised during the market’s annual Check-Out Hunger campaign.
Price Rite stores that contributed to the donation include its Goldstar Boulevard and Southbridge Street stores in Worcester.
During the months of November and December 2017, Price Rite stores banded together to collect donations at checkout, raising over $220,000 for food banks across nine states in an effort to support the fight against hunger.
Price Rite Marketplace has raised over $1.6 million for the Check-Out Hunger initiative since 2002.
- Great Rhody Yarn Crawl to Benefit RI Food Bank
- Seven Stars Bakery Donates Day’s Earnings to RI Food Bank
- Patti Austin Performance to Benefit Rhode Island Community Food Bank
- Citizens Bank Donates to RI Food Bank for Every PawSox Strike-Out
- RI Food Bank Brings Back Award-Winning “Nothing” Campaign
- Stop & Shop to Donate 1,000 Turkeys to the Worcester Community Food Bank
- Women Leading in Central MA: Worcester Food Bank’s Jean McMurray
- NEW: Food Bank Partnership Conference Plans How to End Hunger
- Washington Trust’s PB Xpress Collecting Peanut Butter for RI Food Bank
- “Striking Out Hunger” Nets $75K for RI Food Bank
- Worcester County Food Bank Working to Grow Breakfast in Classroom Programs