MA Health Pushes Insurance Application Back Due to Snow
Friday, February 13, 2015
The rescheduled date is an acknowledgement of the toll that the series of snowstorms in Massachusetts has taken on operation and the ability for people to sign up for insurance.
“We here in Massachusetts have experienced an extraordinary month of weather that has not only limited our operations, but also taken over the day-to-day lives of residents as they shovel out and try to deal with the snow,” said Louis Gutierrez, the Executive Director of the Massachusetts Health Connector.
Through February 11, over 46,000 people had completed an application and had been determined qualified for MassHealth or a Health Connector Qualifiied Health Plan.
About 343,000 have enrolled in coverage.
"We worked closely with the Baker-Polito Administration to create this extension, which gives people a little more time to finish up what they need to do to get health insurance through the Commonwealth," Gutierrez added.
For updates and additional information, visit the health connectors website.
- Smart Benefits: Deadline Next Week for Health Plan Identifiers
- Worcester County Lacks Proper Healthy Food Options, Study Says
- Smart Benefits: November 15 Key for Individual – and Employer – Health Exchange Enrollment
- Worcester Division of Public Health Receives $145,000 in Grants
- Monfredo: Healthy Students Equals Better Learners…New Concept- Health Ambassadors in High Schools
- Tufts Health Plan Launches EmpowerMe
- Health Foundation Announces Five Central MA Activation Fund Grants
- Baker Releases Healthcare Priorities for Improved Care in MA
- Health Connector Announces 15 Navigator Grant Winners Statewide
- MA Nursing Homes with the Most Health + Safety Violations
- Protect Clean Water Necessary for Good Health and Strong Economy
- Smart Benefits: Supreme Court Will Hear Health Insurance Subsidy Challenge
- Smart Benefits: Employers Can’t Pay for Purchase of Employees Individual Health Insurance
- Executive Director Jean Yang to Leave Mass Health Connector This Month
- Angiulo: Rehabilitative Alimony and Mental Health in Massachusetts
- Central MA Health Foundation Accepting Applications for Grants
- Stork’s Health Vital To Patriots Success
- MA Health Expands Help as Health Insurance Deadline Nears
- Health Connector to Offer Free Healthcare Enrollment Help Next Week