City of Worcester Reads Over 1 Million Minutes
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
“By meeting this challenge to read one million minutes, our city has collectively illustrated its commitment to summer reading as an important way to continue learning during school vacation. I extend my thanks to everyone for participating in this community-wide effort, especially the Worcester Public Library for facilitating such a successful and enjoyable program,” said City Manager Edward M. Augustus Jr.
The Summer Reading Program
The summer reading program started on June 16, with people signing up to log their minutes, participate in events and activities, and win prizes.
The theme this year is Libraries Rock and music-related events and programs are running throughout the summer.
“Our Summer Reading Program is an amazing opportunity to turn the community on to reading through a wide range of programs, classes, and events. It is our most anticipated program of the year, with thousands participating all across the city,” said Geoffrey Dickinson, Head Librarian.
This year, more than 1,900 readers have signed up for the program, which runs through August 18, 2018. Participants are encouraged to continue logging their minutes, and a final minute tally will be announced at the end of the program.
- Monfredo: Has Your Child Finished His/Her Summer Reading?
- John Monfredo: Reading Week to Summer Reading, Here are Some Ideas
- Well-Read: Reading with Robin - Best of 2014
- Well Read: Reading With Robin announces Book Club 411 with HUGE Giveaway!
- Well-Read: Reading With Robin - Why Does 50 Shades Of Grey Matter?
- John Monfredo: Activities Set for “Reading in Our City Week” June 9
- Acclaimed Author Leah Hager Cohen to Give Reading at Holy Cross
- John Monfredo: Reading In Our City Week
- StoryWalk Festival to Bring Joy of Reading and Nature to Worcester
- Fit For Life: Are You Reading That Label Right?
- Don’t Miss: Poetry Reading at Russian Icon Musuem
- Monfredo: Reading: The Recipe for Future Success
- Summer Reading With Robin 2015
- Worcester Public Library Announces Summer Reading Program Schedule
- Monfredo: Parents, Reading Is Essential For Your Child This Summer
- Monfredo: Reading Campaign Continues On Election Day As A Reminder To Our Voters
- Worcester Public Library Opens Registration for Summer Reading Program
- Monfredo: Reading in Our City Week Calls Attention to Literacy
- Worcester Public Library Set to Kick-Off Summer Reading Program
- Monfredo: Reading Week In Our City – Week Of June 5.. Join In & Support Reading
- Reading With Robin’s 5 Favorites for Mother’s Day
- Monfredo: Activities Set For “Reading in Our City Week” - June 14
- Monfredo: MLK, Jr. Breakfast Celebration… Spreading The Importance Of Love
- Reading With Robin: 2016 Summer Reading Series & Summer Giveaway
- Worcester Public Library Set to Begin Summer Reading Program