NEW: Worcester Ranks #319 on Safest Cities List, Beats Boston
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Newton was the highest ranked city in the Bay State, coming in with a composite score of -82.39, low enough to earn it the title of 5th safest city in the country.
Fishers, Ind. was the 1st ranked city overall, with a composite score of -94.87. Camden, N.J. was the lowest ranked, with a score of 553.67 and a rank of 432nd safest city in the county.
CQ Press ranked a total of 432 cities with populations of at least 75,000 residents. The scores represent a composite of instances of murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary and motor vehicle theft. According to CQ Press, negative scores indicate a composite crime number below the national rate, while positive scores are above the national rate.
- 50 Highest Paid Worcester City Employees in 2012
- Activists Call For Pre-Foreclosure Mediation in Worcester
- Celebrate National Nutrition Month in Worcester
- Coalition Rallies in Worcester to Call for More Local Investment
- Crowds Flock to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Worcester
- Only 12% of Worcester City Employees Are Minorities
- Snow Plow Problems Have Worcester Residents Up in Arms
- Worcester Police Hold 45 of 50 Highest Paid Positions in City
- Worcester Public Library Hosts Harlem Renaissance Night
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.