video: Sen. Warren to Wells Fargo CEO Stumpf “You Should Resign”
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
“This is about accountability. You should resign, you should give back the money you took while this scam was going on, and you should be criminally investigated," said Warren.
See the Video Below
She went on to highlight Wells Fargo's longtime emphasis on cross-selling, noting that while other banks average fewer than three accounts per customer, Wells Fargo set its target at eight accounts.
“If one of your tellers took a handful of $20s from the cash drawer, they’d probably be looking at criminal charges for theft. They could end up in prison. But you squeezed your employees to the breaking point so they would cheat customers and you could drive up the value of your stock and put hundreds of millions of dollars in your own pocket,” Senator Warren said
Warren explained that while the scam was ongoing, Stumpf referenced Wells Fargo's success at cross-seling during earning calls as one of the main reasons to buy stock.
“You haven’t resigned. You haven’t returned a single nickel of your personal earnings. You haven’t fired a single senior executive. Instead, your definition of ‘accountable’ is to push the blame to your low-level employees who don’t have money for a fancy PR firm to defend themselves. It’s gutless leadership,” the senator said.
See The Video Below
- Elizabeth Warren - Working Hard to Deceive
- Elizabeth Warren: Undocumented Lawyer
- GoLocalTV: Zach Braff Promotes Elizabeth Warren at Clark
- GoLocal Poll: Who is running a better campaign: Scott Brown or Elizabeth Warren
- Which Political Insiders Are Advising Elizabeth Warren
- NEW: Elizabeth Warren Releases Tax Returns
- Elizabeth Warren MIA in Central Mass
- NEW: Gov. Patrick Endorses Elizabeth Warren
- GoLocalTV: Elizabeth Warren’s Husband Campaigns in Shrewsbury
- Paid Political Advertising by Elizabeth Warren
- Should Elizabeth Warren Run for President in 2016?
- Elizabeth Warren To Education Dept: Stop Profiting Off Student Loans
- Washington Post Gives Elizabeth Warren a Pinocchio Award of 2015
- Senator Elizabeth Warren to Speak at Clark U. on March 14
- Paul Giorgio: Elizabeth Warren is Right on Student Loans
- Arthur Schaper: Progressive Elizabeth Warren For President?
- SUPER POLL: Scott Brown v Elizabeth Warren
- MA Senator Elizabeth Warren to Endorse Hillary Clinton
- Elizabeth Warren Buys $740,000 DC Condo
- Elizabeth Warren Lays Out Housing Finance Reform Priorities