Senator Elizabeth Warren to Speak at Clark U. on March 14
Friday, February 26, 2016
The lecture is set to start at 10 a.m. and run to noon and is free and open to the public.
Warren is a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions, and played an important part in the passage of the 2015 Every Student Succeeds Act.
During her speech, Warren will outline her views on this new legislation and federal education policy.
Leading Education Experts to Discuss
Following Warren's remarks, a panel of leading education experts while share their perspectives on the range of skills that students will need to be successful in the future. The panel will also share their views on how the new federal law positions urban communities to provide the deeper learning experience in the classroom and beyond.
The panel will consist of:
• Nick Donohue, President and CEO, Nellie Mae Education Foundation
• Ronald Ferguson, Kennedy School of Government and Director of the Achievement Gap Initiative at Harvard University
• Dianne Kelly, Superintendent, Revere Public Schools
• Gene Wilhoit, Executive Director, National Center for Innovation in Education
• Katerine Bielaczyc, Director of the Hiatt Center for Urban Education and Associate Professor of Education, Clark University
Clark University was founded in 1887 in Worcester and is a liberal arts based research university addressing social and human imperatives on a global scale.
Related Slideshow: Economist Ranks the Best and Worst MA Colleges
- Clark University to Host MLK Day Discussion Panel
- Clark University Poll Finds Millennials Love Being Parents
- Clark University Discussion to Feature Best-Selling Author Bohjalian
- Sex, Politics, and Putin: Clark University Professor’s New Book
- Clark University to Hold First Annual Week of Happiness
- Clark University Ranked as a Top “Best Bang for The Buck” College
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Junot Diaz to Give President’s Lecture at Clark University
- Central MA College Standout: Clark University’s Timothy Conley
- Central MA College Standout: Clark University’s Daniel Padilla
- Clark University Receives $1.45 Million from the John Templeton Foundation
- Clark University Study Finds LGB Parents and Their Children Functioning Well
- Clark University to Hold Book and Author Dinner
- Clark University to Break Ground on Alumni and Student Center
- Clark University Buildings Being Heated by Waste Vegetable Oil
- Clark U. Professor Ross to Host Lecture on The Horrors of Sweatshops
- Clark U. Professor Guides Parents of Gay/Lesbian Children in New Book
- Clark U. Ranked Among Schools That Give Students “Best Bang for Buck”
- Clark U. Ranked as One of Top Peace Corps Producing Schools in Country
- “Moral Injuries of War” Lecture to be Held at Clark U.
- Sen. Moore Holds Discussion on Higher Education With Clark U. Students
- Clark University Ranked as Top 20 Entrepreneurial University in Country
- Clark University to Host Robert Moses as Part of President’s Lecture Series
- Clark University Launches Gluten-Free Dining Station
- Former Clark U. President Bassett Honored by Worcester Education Collaborative
- New York Times Bestseller, Naomi Klein, to Speak at Clark U.
- NEW: Former Mass Dem. Party Chair Endorses Warren Tolman for AG
- Arthur Schaper: Progressive Elizabeth Warren For President?
- Paul Giorgio: Elizabeth Warren is Right on Student Loans
- Warren Tolman Unveils Criminal Justice Policy For Massachusetts
- Warren’s Student Loan Refinancing Bill Lacks Republican Support
- NEW: Warren Tolman Announces Campaign For MA Attorney General
- Elizabeth Warren Lays Out Housing Finance Reform Priorities
- Warren’s Job Approval Rating in Central Mass Only 32 Percent
- NEW: Senator Warren Receiving Support for Bank On Students Act
- NEW: Warren Calls to Halt Rise of Student Loan Interest Rates
- Warren Applauds FHA Loan Modifications As Helping MA Homeowners
- Rob Horowitz: Obama and Warren: Making Strides on Student Loans
- Should Elizabeth Warren Run for President in 2016?
- Washington Post Gives Elizabeth Warren a Pinocchio Award of 2015
- Can a Biden-Warren Ticket Win in Massachusetts?
- Sen. Warren Among Group Asking DEA to Clarify “Partial Fill” Policy
- Warren Speaks on Rigged Justice System & Rejecting GOP Proposals
- Warren - Constitution Threatened if Obama Doesn’t Nominate New Justice
- Senator Warren Releases Report on Labor Standards Failures
- Senator Warren to Visit Alabama for 50th Anniversary of Civil Rights Marches
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Warren Tolman: Candidate for Attorney General
- Warren And Warner Call for Action on Housing Finance Infrastructure
- Monfredo: Senator Warren Impressed by Worcester Technical High School Students
- Elizabeth Warren To Education Dept: Stop Profiting Off Student Loans
- Shrewsbury’s Warren Ferguson Named Community Clinician of Year