Clark U. Ranked as One of Top Peace Corps Producing Schools in Country
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
“Clark students come to campus with an interest in making the world a better place, and spend their time on a campus full of faculty engaged with contemporary issues like climate change and global development. It is of no surprise that they would be among the most engaged with these global challenges after graduation," says Ed Carr, director of the International Development, Community and Environment Department at Clark.
Since 1961, 255 Clark alumni have served in the Peace Corps and this marks the second straight year that the University has ranked among the Peace Corps' top 25 small schools.
This year's rankings follow a 40-year high in applications for the Peace Corps in 2015. Alumni from over 3,000 colleges and universities nationwide have served in the Corps since the agency's founding in 1961.
For the full rankings, click here.
- Clark University to Hold First Annual Week of Happiness
- Clark University to Host MLK Day Discussion Panel
- Clark University to Hold Book and Author Dinner
- Clark University to Break Ground on Alumni and Student Center
- Clark Names Jeffrey Gillooly as the Vice President for University Advancement
- Lenny Clarke and Steve Sweeney to Headline Comedy Fest in Worcester
- Clark and WPI Pay 5 Times More to Worcester than Holy Cross and UMass Medical
- Clark Geographer Receives Prestigious Residency in Italy
- Grown-Up Millennials Are Closely Connected to Parents Says Clark Poll
- “Moral Injuries of War” Lecture to be Held at Clark U.
- Sen. Moore Holds Discussion on Higher Education With Clark U. Students
- Sex, Politics, and Putin: Clark University Professor’s New Book
- Clark’s Professor Hanson Honored for Creativity in Geography
- Worcester’s Dawn Clark To Be Honored As an Unsung Heroine
- Clark University Ranked as Top 20 Entrepreneurial University in Country
- Clark U. Professor Ross to Host Lecture on The Horrors of Sweatshops
- Clark Explores the Relationship Between Worcester’s U.S. and Foreign Born Residents
- Clark University Buildings Being Heated by Waste Vegetable Oil
- Clark U. Professor Guides Parents of Gay/Lesbian Children in New Book
- Clark U. Ranked Among Schools That Give Students “Best Bang for Buck”
- Clark Names Climate Expert Carr New Department Director
- Clark University to Host Robert Moses as Part of President’s Lecture Series
- Clark University Launches Gluten-Free Dining Station
- Former Clark U. President Bassett Honored by Worcester Education Collaborative
- New York Times Bestseller, Naomi Klein, to Speak at Clark U.