NEW: GOP Wars: Gabriel Gomez Blasts Two GOP Activists, Eno & Pinto
Sunday, December 22, 2013
Gomez wrote a blistering attack on Rob Eno of the influential blog RedMassGroup and Worcester GOP official Chris Pinto.
Gomez alludes that they are involved with the Klu Klux Klan and "are an embarrassment to our civil society."
Just a few month later, when Gomez was a candidate for U.S. Senate against ultimate winner Ed Markey, Gomez actively sought the support of the Worcester GOP and RedMassGroup.
In response to Gomez's charges, Chris Pinto issued the following statement:
As some of you may know the former candidate for US Senate in Massachusetts recently made vile and defamatory statements against myself and Mr. Rob Eno, who runs the conservative website Red Mass Group. I had considered not saying anything about this publicly but now that the horse is out of the barn I find it necessary to defend my reputation especially when it comes to the "Klan" comment that he made about me.
My feeling on gun control and the Klan are well documented.
GoLocalWorcester's effort to reach Gomez were unsuccessful. It should be noted that Gomez changed his position on gun control during the course of the U.S. Senate campaign which raised concerns about Gomez's GOP credentials with many conservatives.
Related Slideshow: The Influence of Gun Money in New England States
New Data from The Sunlight Foundation shows state-by-state breakdowns for donations to groups on both sides of the gun debate. The money went toward candidates, political parties, and political action committees (PACs), but doesn't include donations to independent or so-called “super PACs”.
See how much money went to candidates in each of the New England States in the slides below.
- 10 Things You Need to Know About the Gomez - Markey Race
- Arthur Christopher Schaper: Gabriel Gomez–An Anti-Tribute
- Arthur Schaper: Gomez, The Globe + Guns
- Arthur Schaper: Markey-Gomez: Can A ‘Different’ Republican Win?
- Former Gov. Weld Endorses Gabriel Gomez for U.S. Senate
- Gomez Reverse Gun Position May Split GOP
- Gomez-Markey Debate: Central Mass. Experts React
- Markey Beats Gomez: Central Mass. Experts React
- Markey vs Gomez: Will Central Mass Voters Unify Behind Them?
- Mass. US Senate Race Is a Markey-Gomez Matchup—Experts React
- Mathew Helman: Gabriel Gomez Is Another Mitt Romney, and That’s Bad News
- NEW: Former WBDC Pres. David Forsberg Endorses Gomez
- NEW: Gabriel Gomez Projected Winner of GOP US Senate Primary
- NEW: Gabriel Gomez Releases Video Announcing Senate Run
- NEW: Gomez Mounts Fundraising Push Ahead of Campaign Kickoff
- NEW: Gomez Releases New Senate Campaign Video
- NEW: Gomez U.S. Senate Campaign Kick-off Speech
- NEW: Markey Leads Gomez By Double Digits—UMass-Lowell Poll
- NEW: Planned Parenthood Calls on Gomez to Come Clean with Voters
- NEW: Planned Parenthood—McConnell’s Gomez Endorsement ‘Troubling’
- NEW: Poll Shows Gomez 4 Points Behind Markey
- Sullivan Releases Attack Ad Calling Gomez an “Obama Republican”