GoLocal Statewide Poll: Just 13% of Rhode Islanders ‘Strongly Support’ Funding the PawSox Stadium
Friday, June 08, 2018
Just 13 percent of Rhode Islanders ‘strongly support’ public financing and on 33 percent overall support state funding.
The poll question asked, “The Rhode Island General Assembly is in the process of negotiating a $40 million public financing deal with the Pawtucket Red Sox for a new stadium, hoping to bring a vote before the House and Senate this summer.
In general, do you favor or oppose the use of public funds to help finance a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox?”
Net: Favor 33%
Strongly favor 13%
Somewhat favor 21%
Net: Oppose 59%
Somewhat oppose 21%
Strongly oppose 38%
Don't know 8%
Della Volpe is Director of Polling at Harvard Kennedy School’s Institute of Politics.
- VIDEO - What the PawSox Stadium Would Look Like in Worcester
- Who Will Land the PawSox - Could Worcester, Springfield, or Fall River?
- Not So Fast Worcester, Lucchino Says PawSox Are Slowing Down The Relocation Process
- Has the PawSox Brand Been Damaged This Year?
- Rice, Boggs & Mondor to be Inducted Into PawSox Hall of Fame
- PawSox Owners Drop Public Relations Team Following Failed Providence Bid
- Will City Subsidize Public Funds to Let Billionaires Bring PawSox to Worcester?
- 10 Things That Need to Happen to Get PawSox to Worcester
- Will Worcester Look Bad if New Bedford Ends Up with PawSox?
- What’s Next for the PawSox?
- 12 Reasons Why the PawSox Move to Providence is in Peril
- Hey RI, We Want the PawSox in Worcester, Guest MINDSETTER™ Quist
- Robert Whitcomb: PawSox Play, Watergate Summer De Luxe
- New PawSox Deal in RI: Cost of Borrowing Increases to $85M — 16% Increase
- PawSox Deal Looks Dead for 2017, RI Speaker Mattiello Raises Concerns
- Mattiello Cites GoLocal Poll in Rejecting Senate PawSox Measure
- PawSox Boss Lucchino Missing in RI
- PawSox Attendance Inflated By As Much as 300%
- Facing Overwhelming Public Opposition for PawSox Deal in RI, What is Next for Owners
- Democrats, Labor Stack Hearing for PawSox Funding Scheme at RI State House
- 2 Worlds: All White PawSox Owners & Staff, Asking Pawtucket - 40% Minority & Poor - for Millions
- Robert Whitcomb: Christmas for RI’s Public Unions; Worcester Pitching the PawSox; Thayer St. Churn
- Whitcomb Says Chances of PawSox Going to Worcester are Slim
- Robert Whitcomb: Worcester Wouldn’t Well for PawSox; Taxing Away the Little Guys? Racial Fire
- New PawSox Deal - Owners Continue to Refuse to Take on Risk