MA Beauty Expert: Styling a Lace Skirt
Sunday, July 05, 2015
Tie One On
Take one lace pencil skirt and add a skinny cami under a chambray work shirt. But tie the shirt at the waist. Add chunky beads in varying lengths. Instant casual with sophisticated edge.
Take one lace flared mini and top it off with a traditional navy and white striped French t-shirt wrapped with a belt. Cute flats or flip-flops and you’re on your way to Saturday’s farmers’ market.
Take one slim creamy crocheted lace skirt and add a nubby cotton pullover. Keep it long and loose and push up the sleeves. Add a stack of bangles, a great ring, and jeweled sandals. You’re ready for that sidewalk bistro iced latte with friends.
Take one tailored lace skirt and one neutral silk shell. Add a pop of color with a warm coral cardigan. A statement necklace with flesh-tone pumps results in cool ladylike chic.
Take one eyelet tiered lace boho skirt and wear it as a cover-up over your bikini. With an easy-going sleeveless t-shirt, it makes a fresh and sexy beach look for umbrella drinks on the boardwalk at sunset.
Scour seaside shops for casual lace. Chico’s Lia Lace Skirt is a beautiful staple in Ecru. J. McLaughlin Rowan White Lace Skirt is just fancy enough for fine dining nights in the city.
Don’t be afraid to try demure lace – its come-hither appeal is perfect for summer. Just be sure to make it yours with thoughtful detailed styling and no one will mistake it for a slip!
Donna Macdonald is a freelance writer who enjoys covering topics of interest to women, especially fragrance, style, beauty. She has also written marketing material for a women's book that hit the New York Times Bestseller list and netted her an up close and personal discussion on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Donna currently writes her own personal blog, alovelyinconsequence.blogspot.com, where she also writes about issues close to a woman's heart. Donna believes that when a woman finds beauty in the world, she will find beauty in herself.
Related Slideshow: 10 Beauty Salons in Central MA for Your Weekend Prep
70 Worcester-Providence Tpke., Millbury, MA
A trip to Orange Salon in Millbury means you will receive a complimentary signature scalp massage, specific hair and scalp treatment, hand and arm massage, and makeup touch up with every beauty service.
Photo: Orange Salon
376 Chandler St., Worcester, MA
Shi-Shi's is Worcester's "first multi-textural salon" specializing in a "Make Me Over" chemical texturizing service. They also offer an acai deep conditioning masque and a Brazillian blowout smoothing treatment to tame any type of hair.
- MA Beauty Insider: The New Hybrids – Perfecting Foundations
- MA Beauty Insider: Change of Season Fragrances – Your New Fall Perfume
- MA Beauty Insider: Poetic Ballet Style
- MA Beauty Expert: Super Bowl style – is There Such a Thing?
- MA Beauty Expert: Ageless Beauty in Winter – It Is Possible
- MA Beauty Insider: Fall’s Best Trends
- MA Beauty Insider: School Girl Style for Grown-Ups
- MA Beauty Insider: Style Destination – Coppola’s of Watch Hill
- MA Beauty Insider: Yoga for Beauty
- MA Beauty Insider: Nautical Chic - The Breton T-shirt
- MA Beauty Insider: Get Naked – Nude Makeup for Late Summer Days
- MA Beauty Expert: Spring’s New Palette
- MA Beauty Expert: Choosing a New Spring Raincoat
- MA Beauty Expert: How to Find the Perfect Swimsuit
- MA Beauty Expert: Chic Styling – Getting White Right
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer Espadrilles
- MA Beauty Expert: Stylish Father’s Day Gifts
- MA Beauty Expert: Cool Summer Beauty Shopping
- MA Beauty Expert: Universal Flatterers – Make-up Magic or Hype?
- MA Beauty Expert: Spring Trendspotting – Five Surprising Musts
- MA Beauty Expert: Shop for Your Perfect Special Occasion Dress
- MA Beauty Expert: She’s Come Undone – The Messy Look
- MA Beauty Expert: Soft Focus Spring – Pretty New Colors
- MA Beauty Expert: The Art of Concealment – New Skin Cover-Ups
- MA Beauty Expert: Summer S.O.S.