FlyORH’s People On The Ground: Thrifty’s Ed Bresnahan
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Where are you from, and how long have you been in the car rental business at ORH?
Born and raised in MA! Graduate of Tabor Academy (1983), Providence College (1987), purchased the Cape and Islands Thrifty Car Rental franchise (1988-present) then Worcester Natick Framingham franchise (2000-present). Started in one-room office with 10 cars and grew to over 11 locations with 350 cars.
Are you excited about the entry of JetBlue?
Extremely excited! It's been over 12 years since we last saw a commercial carrier at ORH. It's great to hear local folks talking positively about the airport again. We need this airport to be successful to help grow and attract new business to the city and the region.
Have you noticed a spike in your car rental business post-November 7th?
Yes, we are starting to see reservations build for November and beyond. We anticipate a very busy holiday season to start then more action in the spring and summer months when Floridians tend to visit New England for business and leisure trips.
What is the biggest misconception about ORH?
The airport (ORH) is closed! Many locals think we have been closed since the last air carrier (Direct Air) was here! The airport will never close even when commercial service stops operating. It's a 24/7 operation mandated by the FAA. It will never close! ORH is open for business always!
What is the #1 thing we must do to make ORH a better business?
Continue to improve the infrastructure like other airports do. We must continue to embrace Massport and their expertise to help continue to make ORH competitive with other airports in the region. Encourage Massport to reach out to neighbors and local businesses to help build trust and good communication as the airport grows. Make ORH our first choice when making travel plans to MCO and FLL.
Bill Randell is the President of Advantage Benefits, an insurance brokerage house specializing in employee benefits with an emphasis on health insurance, based in Worcester since 1992. He can be contacted at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter (@FlyORH).
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue’s New TrueBlue Badge
- FlyORH: The Secret to JetBlue Staying in Worcester
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A JetBlue TrueBlue Member Speaks His Mind
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Let’s Get Professional With Worcester’s T1
- FlyORH: Worcester Civic Leader Juan Gomez on JetBlue + Puerto Rico
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: A Young Flyer Wants To Earn JetBlue Points
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Massport Needs a Rewards Program
- NEW: FlyORH Launches JetBlue Poster Contest
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Bring Allegiant Back to Worcester
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Should We Buy JetBlue Points?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Fly JetBlue From Worcester To Bogotá?
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: What Worcester’s Airport Needs Right Now
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: It’s Time To Rebrand ORH
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: Your JetBlue “To Do” List
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Points Don’t Expire
- FlyORH: Spotlight Worcester’s Attractions In Our Airport
- Bill Randell’s FlyORH: JetBlue Prices At ORH On Target
- FlyORH: The JetBlue Inspiration For Worcester’s Airport