Former MA Gov. Dukakis to Speak at Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce’Meeting
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
The meeting will take place on Friday, November 16 from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. at Pleasant Valley Country Club.
Dukakis served as Governor from 1975 to 1979 and again from 1983 to 1991, presiding over a period of economic growth known as the “Massachusetts Miracle”.
He is the longest-serving governor in Massachusetts history and only the second Greek-American governor in U.S. history, after Spiro Agnew.
He was nominated by the Democratic Party for president in the 1988 election, losing to the Republican candidate, Vice President George H. W. Bush.
Since leaving office, Dukakis has served on the board of directors for Amtrak and has taught political science at Northeastern University and UCLA.
He is also the Governor who commissioned the Blackstone Valley National Heritage Corridor over 30 years ago.
- Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce to Present Sunrise Seminar
- NEW: Blackstone Valley Chamber Supports Slots in Millbury
- PowerPlayer: Blackstone Valley Chamber’s Jeannie Hebert
- 5 New Directors Join Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce Joins Chamber Solar Challenge
- Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce to Host Annual Legislative Breakfast
- Sec. Walker Presents to Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Blackstone Valley Chamber to Host Business & Breakfast Meeting