Third Annual Worcester Youth Leadership Institute Gets Underway
Thursday, June 28, 2018
The institute offers students a seven-week learning experience and exposure to a number of businesses, Worcester landmarks, and mentors.
“The goal is simple – expose high schools students to the myriad of businesses, leaders, mentors, and possibilities available in their own communities. These students are our future leaders. We want them to know and understand that their community can offer them a unique college experience and fascinating job opportunities, and provide insight and perspective on the city’s history, leadership, business community, and government make-up,” said Timothy Murray, president, and CEO, Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce.
The institute started the week of June 25.
Worcester Youth Leadership Institute
The Institute, which will run from June 27 to August 10, will introduce participants to the business, government, education and non-profit sectors in a variety of ways; including talks, question and answer sessions with the leadership structures of various sectors and organizations, visits and tours, and sessions at a number of venues.
Students will visit one or two sites every week and participate in a leadership training program called Bounce! offered through Workforce Central Career Center.
The curriculum will also include a skills development component.
Topics will include leadership focus areas from the Worcester fabric, such as entrepreneurism, Worcester history and culture, life and health sciences, non-profit organizations, and city government.
- Worcester Chamber to Discuss Repeal of Obamacare at Business & Politics Forum
- Worcester Chamber to Host 2017 Career Fair at Worcester State
- Worcester Chamber to Announce Winners of StartUp Worcester 2017
- MA Business Alliance for Education & Worcester Chamber of Commerce Team up on Education
- Worcester Chamber to Highlight Progress of Entrepreneurs During Demo Night
- Worcester Chamber Opposes Legalizing Marijuana Ballot Question
- Worcester Chamber Promotes Three, Adds Business Development Professional
- Worcester Chamber to Hold Seminar on Business Reporting Requirements
- Worcester Chamber Hosts North West Ireland Delegation to Discuss Expanded Trade
- Worcester Chamber Proposes New Utilization & Economic Opportunities for Union Station
- Worcester Chamber Announces 2018 Business Awards
- Worcester Chamber Forms Diverse Professional Roundtable Group
- Worcester Chamber Announces First Emerging Leader Award Winners
- Worcester Chamber Announces Leadership Worcester Class of 2018