Reliant Medical’s Dr. Fisher Named 2017 “Immunization Champion”
Wednesday, April 12, 2017
The awards recognized individuals or organizations that have made contributions to foster adult immunization in Massachusetts through leadership, innovation, or advocacy.
Fisher will receive his award at the Massachusetts Adult Immunization Conference to be held on April 25 in Marlboro.
Dr. Fisher is the Assistant Medical Director for Informatics at Reliant Medical.
He incorporates tools into the practice’s electronic health records system to improve on-time vaccination rates for all of the group’s 300,000 patients. By providing reminders to providers that appear at every clinical visit, Fisher increased promotion of vaccine administration along with reports to identify and reach out to patients who have not received their vaccinations.
Along with his application of health information technology, Fisher also served as principal investigator for a study evaluating the reasons why adults do not get flu and pneumonia shots.
His findings led to automated methods to remind patients of scheduled vaccinations, with the result that Reliant now has some of the highest immunization rates in the nation.
Nursing Staff at Boston Health Care for the Homeless Wins
The other winners of the award were the nursing staff at the Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program.
They are being honored for its response in February of 2016 to an outbreak of meningitis in the homeless population in Boston that caused five deaths.
Central Mass Hospitals’ Grades for Safety
Just 50% of the Central Massachusetts hospitals scored a grade of A. The state average in the Commonwealth is just over 60%.
- Saint Vincent Hospital Kicks Off Healthy Over Hunger Cereal Drive
- Leominster Hospital Nurses to Picket Opposing Dangerous Staff Cuts
- MA Nurses and Patients to Testify Today on Hospital Profit Transparency
- Nurses at Leominster Hospital to Vote on One-Day Strike
- Worcester Academy Purchases Remaining Land At Former St. Vincent Hospital Property
- MA Hospitals’ Emergency Room Waiting Times Among Worst in US
- Central MA Doctor Successfully Treated for Ebola Hospitalized
- Leominster Hospital CEO Refuses to Meet with Concerned Nurses
- Patient Care Quality Issues in Central MA Hospitals
- Central MA Nurses Outraged Over Patient Care Quality in Hospitals
- Nurses Picket in Front of Saint Vincent Hospital
- See the List: MA Hospitals and Surgeons with Highest Complication Rates
- MA Hospitals with Highest Complication Rates During Routine Procedures
- St. Vincent Hospital Under Investigation for Removing Kidney from Wrong Patient
- UMass Memorial - Marlborough Hospital Announces New Prostate Cancer Detection Technology
- YMCA of Central MA & St Vincent Hospital Hosts “Celebrating Survivorship”
- UMass Memorial - HealthAlliance Hospital Expansion Approved
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Dating Tips for Twits, Hospitality Etiquette & Presidential Fashion
- UMass Memorial - HealthAlliance Hospital to Add Community Room to Burbank Campus
- NEW: Boston Police Officer Shot, Rushed to Hospital
- NEW: Worcester Mother Facing Several Charges After Child is Taken to Hospital
- How Worcester and MA Hospitals Rank for Safety
- Saint Vincent Hospital Named Top Performer for Improving Medical Interventions
- Worcester Area Hospitals’ Emergency Room Waiting Times - Big Differences
- UMass Memorial Medical Center Named Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital