slides: Great Sledding Spots in Central MA
Thursday, January 29, 2015
Here are some of Central Mass residents' favorite go-to spots for sledding.
Related Slideshow: Great Places to Sled in Central MA
GoLocal Worcester readers have shared their favorite sledding spots in Central Massachusetts with us.
Here are the top 15 spots based on their recommendations:
Green Hill Park, Worcester
Green Hill Park is located atop one of Worcester's seven main hills. It is bordered on the north by I290, on the south by Route 9 (Belmont Street), on the west by Channing, Uxbridge and Denmar Streets (parallel to Lincoln Street), and to the east by Skyline Drive.
Being that the park is located on hill, it makes for a great place to go sledding.
Quinsigamond State Park, Worcester
Quinsigamond State Park consists of two sites located on Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester: Regatta Point and Lake Park. The 25 acre Regatta Point area offers facilities for swimming, sailing, picnicking and fishing.
Quinsigamond State Park makes for a great place to sled for the entire family.
Image Credit: Tim Pierce/Flickr "Sledding"
Hadwen Park, Worcester
Hadwen Park is open from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM. The park can be reached from Webster Square by taking Webster Street to Knox Street to the stone gate entrance to the park. Parking is allowed on Knox Street, and there are no entrance fees.
Hadwen Park provides great areas for sledding for children of all ages.
- Ghiorse: Monday AM Blizzard Juno Update
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Junot Diaz to Give President’s Lecture at Clark University
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Junot Diaz to Speak at Quinsigamond Community College
- Juno Forces JetBlue To Cancel Flights From Worcester on Tuesday
- Winter Storm Juno Forces Logan Airport to Cancel All Flights Monday Evening
- Principal Cancels School for Blizzard Juno with Hilarious Video
- Send GoLocal Worcester Your Winter Storm Juno Photos
- Ghiorse: Monday PM Blizzard Juno Update
- Winter Storm Juno: 5 Things You Need to Know
- NEW: Blizzard Conditions, Arctic Temperatures Expected Tuesday
- The 10 Worst Blizzards in Central MA History
- Morning Blizzard Update from Worcester
- Worcester Public Schools CLOSED on Wednesday Due to Blizzard
- GoLocal’s Central MA Reader Submitted Blizzard Photos
- Mass State Police Begin Preparations for Major Blizzard
- The 10 Greatest Blizzards in Central MA History
- Post Offices Will Be Closed on Tuesday Due to Blizzard
- Worcester Public Schools CLOSED on Tuesday Due to Blizzard
- Worcester Mom Gives Birth To Twins During Blizzard