Don’t Miss: Southwick’s Zoo Wild Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, August 24, 2013
Get ready to test your zoological knowledge this Sunday, August 25th, at Southwick’s Zoo’s Summer Slam Safari Scavenger Hunt. Not only does this scavenger hunt flex your fun fact skills, but the best hunters will be rewarded with a number of great prizes. This annual event has become a favorite among Southwick's patrons, and becomes more exciting each year, as the competition increases.
Summer Slam details
The Summer Slam hunt is divided up into categories based on age, making it exciting for the entire family. Kids under 6, aged 6-11, and 11-14 will be placed in the appropriate level of difficulty, while older “kids” have the opportunity to try the level labeled “Wicked Hard.” A large portion of the scavenger hunt entails using zoo personnel as personal encyclopedias.
“Not only is this fun for people of all ages, but people are surprised by how much they learn along the way by participating in our scavenger hunt,” said Justine Brewer, President of Southwick’s Zoo. Zookeepers spend much of the day reciting fun facts that are sure to wow even the keenest animal lovers.
Simply grab a pencil and your thinking cap, and head on over to Southwick’s Zoo beginning at 10am on August 25th. Visitors need only pay the price of admission to get access to the Summer Slam Safari Scavenger Hunt. Visit Southwick’s Zoo online at www.southwickszoo.com to stay up-to-date on all of their special events.
- Southwick’s Zoo Creates and Celebrates EARTH Awareness Day
- Moms Can Dos: Trampoline Fun + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Adventureland + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Blueberry Picking + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Cool Fun At The Mystic Aquarium + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Crescent Park Carousel + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Davis Family Farm + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Petting Zoos + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Steam Train, Riverboat + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Summer Evening At The Park + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: All-You-Can-Eat Ice Cream Festival + More
- 10 Beauty Musts For Busy Moms