MA State Police Arrest Man for Trafficking Fentanyl & Heroin in Auburn
Tuesday, January 01, 2019
Nelson Gonzalez, 51, of Providence was charged with trafficking in fentanyl, trafficking in heroin, possession with intent to distribute a class A substance, conspiracy to violate drug law, unlicensed operation of motor vehicle, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and speeding.
Gonzalez was also charged with Child Endangerment, as there was a child in the car at the time of the stop.
On Wednesday, a motor vehicle stop for speeding on the Turnpike in Auburn led to the arrest of a man for heroin and fentanyl trafficking.
At about 7:30 p.m., Trooper Mark Parr stopped a 2013 Nissan Altima on I-90 Eastbound in Auburn for traveling approximately 95MPH in a 65MHP zone. Trooper Parr determined that the operator, Gonzalez, 51, of Providence, did not have a valid driver’s license.
During a motor vehicle inventory prior to towing, Trooper Parr located approximately 544 grams of a substance believed to be a mixture of heroin and fentanyl and approximately 35 grams of a substance believed to be a mixture of fentanyl and lactose.
- Sen. Moore Calls for Review of State Police Barracks Closure
- MA State Police Utilizing Billboards in Identifying Deer Island Girl
- MA State Police Issue Statement on CA Terrorism Attack
- NEW: Brookfield State Police Barracks to Stay Open
- Sen. Moore Takes Steps Toward Securing Land for MA State Police Museum
- State Police Warn About Dangerous Heroin
- MA State Police: Baby Bella’s Body Stuffed in Refrigerator for a Month
- Shots Fired at Police Cruiser in Millis, State Police Searching for Suspect
- MA State Police Launch Text-a-Tip to Help Solve Deer Island Girl Mystery
- NH Man Arrested on 11 Offenses in Worcester After Fleeing State Police on I-290
- McKeon to Be Sworn-In as State Police Colonel in Worcester on Thursday
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 25 (Patriarca’s Influence On the RI State Police)
- MA State Police Arrest Fitchburg Men for Gun and Drug Possession
- Details of Aaron Hernandez’s Death Revealed in State Police Report
- MA State Police and DA for Worcester County Investigating Death of Aaron Hernandez
- Worcester Man Arrested by State Police for Trafficking 38.5 Grams of Cocaine
- Gilpin Named Superintendent & Colonel of MA State Police
- Providence and State Police Cleared By Grand Jury in I-95 Shooting
- Worcester Man Added to MA State Police Most Wanted List
- MA State Police Offer Safety Tips For Holiday Drivers
- MA State Police Colonel McKeon Statement on Death of Sergeant Kotfila’s Son