Worcester Community Action Council to Host Annual Action Hero Awards
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
The awards will take place on Thursday, May 17 from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. at Mechanics Hall.
The 2018 honorees include Randy and Donna Becker of Webster for their stewardship and support of WCAC's Webster Head Start renovation project with a $200,000 donation; the Remillard Family Foundation for its generous support of the Webster project with a grant of $200,000; James Alkire, owner of Point Breeze Restaurant in Webster for his tireless advocacy for the same project; Apple Tree Arts of Grafton, celebrating 15 years of bringing music to WCAC's Head Start program; and Robert Blackman, local electrician, recognizing his remarkable commitment to help those in need through his work with the agency's Heating Emergency Retrofit Task Weatherization program.
- Worcester Community Invited to Join a Mykonos Escape
- Worcester Community Agencies to Take Over for Closing Willis Center
- Worcester Community Cinema to Tackle Social Issues In Film Series
- Worcester Community Vigil to Be Held Tuesday for Charleston Victims
- Worcester Community Action Council Holds 11th Annual Action Hero Celebration
- Worcester Community Action Council to Host Action Hero Awards Night
- Worcester Community Action Council Awarded $15,000 Grant
- Worcester Community Labor Coalition Holding Minimum Wage Rally at City Hall
- Greater Worcester Community Foundation to Host 43rd Annual Meeting