Worcester Police & FBI File Charges in Child Rape Case
Wednesday, March 09, 2016
Menard was arraigned on March 7 and is being held on $50,000 cash or $500,000 surety.
On February 19, the Worcester Police Detective Bureau/FBI Child Exploitation Task Force and Massachusetts State Police Detectives went to assist North Brookfield Police with an investigation that involved child pornography.
Upon investigating, officers determined that at least one sexual assault had occurred.
Investigators then interviewed multiple witnesses, developed probable cause and an arrest warrant was sough and received for the arrest of Pal Menard. Menard was charged with one count of rape, one count of indecent assault and battery, and three counts of furnishing alcohol to minors.
Menard worked in an arcade in the Solomon Pond Mall in Marlborough at the time of his arrest.
On February 22, Menard was arraigned for the charges and held on $25,000 cash or $250,000 surety.
On February 26, a search warrant for Menard's home on 88 Old Brookfield Road was obtained by the Massachusetts State Police. Investigators from Worcester Police Detective Bureau/FBI Child Exploitation Task force, Massachusetts State Police Detectives and North Brookfield Police executed the search warrant.
Many items of evidentiary value were seized.
On March 1, investigators interviewed a victim of a sexual assault that had occurred on or around March 29, 1998. After the interview, probable cause was developed for the charges of two counts of rape of a child, one count of indecent assault and battery on a child under the age of 14 and one count of furnishing alcohol to a minor.
On March 3, an arrest warrant was sought and received for the incident that occurred in 1998 in Worcester.
Police Asking for Help
The investigation is ongoing. Police are asking for anyone with information regarding Menard, this incident or past incidents to send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD and your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
Related Slideshow: 25 Massachusetts Cities and Towns with Highest Hate Crime Rates Per Capita
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery at Park Ave. CVS
- NEW: Worcester Police Officer Injured in Hit and Run
- Worcester Police Warn of IRS Phone Scam
- Worcester Police Arrest Fugitives From Puerto Rico Wanted for Murder
- Worcester Police Investigating Stabbing of 36-Year-Old Male
- Worcester Police Chief Gemme in Yet Another Controversy; He Said, He Said
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery at Edgemere Mini Mart
- NEW: Worcester Police Prostitution Sting Nabs 10 ‘Johns’ and 1 Woman
- NEW: Worcester Police Investigating Home Invasion on Main Street
- Worcester Police Search for 2 Suspects Involved in Blake Street Home Invasion
- Worcester Police Host Halloween Party, Offer Safety Tips
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery at Lincoln Dollar Store
- Worcester Police Investigating Stabbing of 19-Year-Old Male
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Chester Street Home
- Worcester Police Arrest 6 on Drug Related Charges
- Worcester Police Provide Safety Tips for Taxi & Fast Food Delivery Drivers
- Traffic Stop Leads Worcester Police to Firearm Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Hit & Run on Belmont Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Home Invasion on Scott Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of 37-Year-Old Male Taxi Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery at O’Hara’s Liquors
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Female Pizza Delivery Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Serious Penn Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police Investigating Shots Fired on Fern Street