video: Charlie Baker Releases Latest Campaign Video “Driving Force”
Friday, September 19, 2014
The video is a part of the “Off the Trail” series, which featured Baker’s wife, Lauren Baker.
“Public service is a calling,” said Lauren Baker in the video. “[Charlie] wants to bring his skills and his compassion and his experience to bear on solving problems and making Massachusetts a better place.”
Baker’s family has played a popular role in his campaign videos as he has also released videos featuring his daughter, Caroline.
Check out the video below.
Related Slideshow: 2014 Massachusetts Political Ads and Videos
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Martha Coakley released her first campaign advertisement focusing on highlighting Coakley’s career of standing up for those without power or money, and fighting for fairness and opportunity for everyone.
"“She has spent her career fighting for people without power, standing up for women and children victimized by violence and abuse, taking on the big banks and Wall Street for defrauding homeowners and destroying dreams, said the ad.
Democratic candidate for Attorney General Warren Tolman released his first campaign video, ensuring women’s access to healthcare and requiring smart gun technology.
“I'm Warren Tolman and as Attorney General, I'll focus on gun violence and violence against women,” said Tolman. “I won't wait to require fingerprint trigger locks on new guns sold. And if you endanger women at a health clinic, you'll be prosecuted.”
Grossman for Governor
Steve Grossman - a Democratic gubernatorial candidate - released his first campaign video, focusing on his experience owning a small business and creating jobs.
“Steve Grossman grew a family business into a Massachusetts success story with progressive ideas like earned sick time and family leave, treating people with dignity and respect,” said the ad.
Commonwealth of Firsts
Don Berwick, a Democratic candidate for Governor, released an ad focusing on continuing the history of Massachusetts leading the nation.
“In Massachusetts we don’t follow, we lead,” said Berwick. “We led our nation toward freedom. We were the first state to say that you could marry the person you love. And we made healthcare a human right eight years before the rest of the nation. We have been a Commonwealth of firsts. I am running to continue that tradition.”
A Better Direction
This video was released by Charlie Baker's campaign in support of Karyn Polito for Lt. Governor. The ad highlights Polito’s background as a mom, small business owner, and a longtime public servant.
"I am honored to partner with Karyn because as a mom, small business owner and public servant with a bipartisan track record, she gets it, said Baker. "She knows the people of Massachusetts deserve a better direction, the opportunity to get ahead, great schools and safer, stronger communities."
- Biggest MA Political Comebacks: Baker, Coakley, Fresolo?
- Paul Giorgio: Mr. Baker, MA Doesn’t Want a Liar for Governor
- Baker Calls For Major Changes in DCF
- Baker Urges Patrick, Coakley to Prevent Fed. Healthcare Takeover
- Paul Giorgio: What’s Going on with Charlie Baker and the Mass GOP?
- NEW: Poll Shows 10-Point Lead for Coakley Over Baker in Gov. Race
- Schaper: Fisher, Baker, and Democratic Takers
- Baker Releases Healthcare Priorities for Improved Care in MA
- Baker Now Leads Coakley in Poll
- Coakley Wins – Will Face Off Against Baker in November
- Baker Proposes Government Reform In Wake Of Probation Trial
- Charlie Baker Releases First TV Ad
- Baker Calls Out Coakley For Lack of Position on Major Issues
- Coakley Blasts Baker for Opposition to Earned Sick Time Initiative
- Baker Campaign Releases New Video Featuring Karyn Polito
- Planned Parenthood, Coakley Blast Baker for Hobby Lobby Comments
- Baker Issues Statement of Support for New Buffer Zone Legislation
- NEW: MA Gubernatorial Candidate Fisher Challenges Baker to Debate
- Charlie Baker Accepts Republican Party Nomination for Governor
- Paul Giorgio: Charlie Baker’s Tea Party Problem: Mark Fisher
- New: Baker Blasts Coakley on Gas Tax Gaffe
- Baker Demands Transparency on Status of Health Connector Website
- Baker Proposes Reforms to Increase Government Accountability