video: NEW: Councilor Lukes Featured in Scott Brown Ad
Friday, August 03, 2012
In the ad, Lukes says, "I was a former mayor, and I'm a Democrat. I am impressed by Scott Brown's independence -- his ability to work with people on both sides of the aisle. I think we need more Scott Browns."
Lukes endorsed Brown and told GoLocal that she is throwing her support behind the Republican candidate because he can get the job done and is willing to cross party lines to do so. She added that his challenger, Elizabeth Warren (D) never asked her for her vote.
"He cuts through all those party alignments. Scott Brown means what he says and Scott Brown does what he says he's going to do," she says in the ad. "I trust Scott Brown to do what's best for Massachusetts."
When she endorsed the Senator in April, Councilor Lukes said she didn't endorse Brown when he first ran for U.S. Senate, but his track record in Congress changed her mind this time. Lukes told GoLocalWorcester, "I have taken a hard look at both candidates. I rarely endorse candidates. But as a freshmen Senator he has been able to achieve a lot and work with both parties."
- Councilor Lukes: Council Fails to Protect Taxpayer in “Wedding-Gate”
- Gail Huff Brown to Campaign in Worcester
- Gail Huff Brown Kicks off Central Mass Women for Brown
- NEW: Another Dem. Endorsement for Scott Brown
- NEW: Brown and Warren Debate Jobs Study’s Validity
- Councilor Lukes Endorses Brown; Warren Never Asked for Her Vote
- NEW: Scott Brown Video Features JFK, LBJ and Clinton
- NEW: Councilor Lukes To Endorse Senator Brown
- NEW: Scott Brown Calls for Bipartisan Effort to Restore Economy
- Worcester Councilor Lukes Rails Against City’s ‘Cement Ceiling’ for Women
- NEW: Brown Stands Up for Rights to Fly the Flag