Former Patriots Receiver Terry Glenn Dies in Car Crash
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
He was 43-years-old.
According to reports, Glenn was with his fiance at the time of the accident.
She's being treated at a hospital for unspecified injuries.
Glenn With Patriots
The Patriots drafted Glenn seventh overall out of Ohio State in the 1996 NFL Draft.
In his career with New England, Glenn played in 68 games and hauled in 329 catches for 4,669 yards and 22 touchdowns over six seasons.
In the 1996 playoffs, Glenn hauled in 12 passes for 164 yards helping the Patriots reach the Super Bowl where they lost to Green Bay 35-21. He had 4 catches for 62 total yards in the loss.
He caught Tom Brady’s first career touchdown pass in 2001.
Glenn Post Patriots
Glenn left the Patriots for Green Bay in 2002 and then went to Dallas in 2003 where he would go on to have two 1,000 yard receiving seasons.
He retired following the 2007 season.
Asking for prayers for Terry Glenn's family he passed away this morning from car accident prayers for his fiancée ������— tony casillas (@tccasillas) November 20, 2017
Incredibly sad to hear about my buddy Terry Glenn. Overcame a ton of adversity to become an excellent person. May your soul rest in peace my friend. #riptg88— Drew Bledsoe (@DrewBledsoe) November 20, 2017
Damn terrible news about Buckeye Great and NFL Legend Terry Glenn I used to see your face everyday in the halls in college especially on the Biletnikoff Award list from Ohio State I wanted to be you RIP!— Michael Thomas (@Cantguardmike) November 20, 2017
- What to Watch For: Panthers vs Patriots
- Will Political Division and CTE Kill New England’s Love of the Patriots?
- Patriots Fall to Carolina 33-30 in Final Seconds
- What to Watch For: Patriots vs Buccaneers
- Patriots Hold On to Beat Tampa Bay 19-14
- Who Were the 17 Patriots Players Who Knelt During the National Anthem?
- Patriots Rally to Beat Houston 36-33 in Final Seconds
- Patriots Defense Can’t Stop Kansas City, Pats Fall 42-27
- What to Watch For: Patriots vs. Saints
- Brady’s 3 Touchdown Passes Lead Patriots Past Saints 36-20
- What to Watch For: Texans vs. Patriots
- What to Watch For: Patriots vs Jets
- Patriots Overcome Slow Start to Edge Jets 24-17
- Patriots Claim Tight End Bennett Off Waivers
- Patriots Re-Acquire Hoyer to be Brady’s Backup
- What to Watch For: Patriots vs Broncos
- NEW: Special Teams Units Helps Patriots Cruise Past Broncos 41-16
- Watch to Watch For: Patriots vs Raiders
- Patriots Trade Garoppolo to 49ers for 2nd Round Pick
- Patriots Hold Off Chargers 21-13 for 4th Straight Win
- What to Watch For: Falcons vs Patriots
- Patriots Defense Shuts Down Falcons, Cruise to 23-7 Win in Super Bowl Rematch
- Patriots’ Hightower Out for Season With Torn Pectoral Muscle
- What to Watch For: Chargers vs Patriots
- Patriots Cruise Past Oakland 33-8 in Mexico City for 6th Straight Win