Nichols Men’s Basketball Climbs to #15 in DIII Hoops Poll
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
It is the highest ranking ever in program history.
“We’re confident heading into the playoffs. We have a veteran-laden team that’s been through the playoffs before. We know what it takes to win and are focused on Thursday’s semifinal,” said Nichols head coach Scott Faucher.
Nichols is one of four New England-based schools in the Top 25, joining MIT (No. 7), Amherst (No. 13), and Williams (No. 16).
Climbing the Rankings
Nichols improved to 23-2 (15-1 CCC) with two wins last week that stretched their win streak to 12.
Junior DeAnte Bruton dropped in a team-high 27 points in a 107-93 win at Gordon College Wednesday night that secured the top seed in the conference playoffs for the sixth-consecutive season.
Three days later, the Bison gutted out a 67-64 win over Wentworth on Senior Day at the Nichols Athletic Center. Bruton scored 10 of his team-high 15 points in the second half while senior Bryce Boggs added a season-high 11 points, junior Jerome Cunningham collected nine points, 10 rebounds, and two steals, and senior Josiah Kimball scored eight points, four rebounds, and a pair of steals.
Nichols returns to action on Thursday in the CCC Semifinals against either #4 Endicott or #5 Western New England.
The game will be played at the Nichols Athletic Center.
- Nichols College to Host “No Evil Project” Exhibit
- Nichols College to Host Lecture on Economic Democracy This Friday
- Nichols College Issued $20M in Bonds for Campus Enhancements
- Nichols College Scores a $5 million Gift
- Nichols Set to Host First International Music Festival
- Seen: Jack Nicholson, Arianna Huffington & More
- Nichols College to Host an NBC Executive and a Huffington Post Contributor
- A New Attitude for Nichols Lacrosse
- Central MA College Standout: Nichols’s Patrick Hoey
- Holy Cross Rolls Nichols, 101-70, Improves to 3-0
- Nichols Women’s Lacrosse Adds 10-Year-Old Cassidy Burke to Roster
- Nichols Men’s Hockey Raises Over $6k for Movember Foundation
- Nichols to Induct 4 Athletes, 2008-09 Men’s Hockey Team to Hall of Fame
- Nichols College Men’s Hockey Raises Over $4,400 for Movember Foundation
- Nichols College Launches $45 Million Fundraising Campaign
- Nichols College Freezes Tuition Increase for 2016
- Hazing Incident at Nichols Unveils Potential Deadly Impact
- Research Bureau Set to Host Seventh Collegiate Lecture at Nichols College