Worcester’s The Hanover Insurance Group Named a Top Carrier in US
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Hanover Insurance Group, reported net income of $120.7 million, or $2.68 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2015, compared to net income of $82.6 million. Operating income was $70.4 million in the second quarter of 2015, compared to $58.4 million in the prior-year quarter.
Insurance Business America asked producers what aspects of carrier performance are most important to them. These ranged from competitive rates to claims processing efficiency, reputation and financial stability and more, according to the publication.
In addition, rroducers also rated their carriers’ performance across ten such criteria. The carriers that achieved 5-star status consistently received excellent marks from producers in at least one category and several achieved top scores in multiple categories.
Of the 22 carriers that made this year’s list, The Hanover Insurance Group
received 5-star marks in six out of the ten categories, specifically:
Range of products
Reputation and financial security
Education and training
Related Slideshow: The Central MA Cities with the Most Expensive Car Insurance
A new ranking for how expensive -- or cheap -- auto insurance is in the Commonwealth has been released by consumer website ValuePenguin for the state's nearly 5 million drivers. ValuePenguin reviewed auto insurance rates in MA for 7 different driver profiles from 35 insurers in the 179 cities with a population over 10,000. The blended cost for each was yielded from the following methodolody:
Included in the study were sample annual premiums from 35 companies, from ACE to Vermont Mutual. Seven kinds of driver situations were represented, including single adults of various years of driving experience, three married couples, and a married couple with a teenaged driver. Rates were pulled for policies covering the minimum liability limits per Massachusetts law up to 100/300/100 for married couples.
- Massachusetts Questionable Insurance Claims Up 57 Percent
- The 10 MA Cities with the Most Questionable Insurance Claims
- NEW: Hanover Insurance Joins Lincoln St. Area Business Assoc.
- Insurance, Debt Companies, Scams Top 2013 MA Consumer Complaints
- Central MA Up + Comer: Insurance Professional Rebecca Joseph
- Massachusetts Car Insurance Rates Top 20 Most Expensive in US
- Smart Benefits: Health Insurance Stores? Yes.
- The Most Interesting Life Insurance Article Ever
- NEW: Direct Pay Rate for Health Insurance Will Go Up
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Bill Randell: ObamaCare will Increase Mass. Insurance Costs
- Why Health Insurance Premiums are so Expensive
- Highest Auto Insurance Rates in Central MA
- The Most Expensive Car Insurance Rates in Central MA
- MA Health Pushes Insurance Application Back Due to Snow
- The 25 Highest Average Car Insurance Rates in Central MA
- Angiulo: Personal Injury, Insurance Companies & the Obligation to Settle Clear Cases
- NEW: MA Has 28th Highest Insurance Premium Penalties For High Risk Drivers
- Smart Benefits: Self-Funded Insurance - A Growing Option Among Employers
- MA Health Expands Help as Health Insurance Deadline Nears
- GoLocal Worcester’s 2014 Company of the Year: Hanover Insurance
- Smart Benefits: 2015 Health Insurance Rates Approved
- Smart Benefits: Supreme Court Will Hear Health Insurance Subsidy Challenge
- Smart Benefits: Employers Can’t Pay for Purchase of Employees Individual Health Insurance
- Smart Benefits: Transitional Reinsurance Enrollment Count Deadline Extended to Dec. 5
- Angiulo: An Insurance Agent at the Intersection of Business Model and Criminal Act