MA Ranks 27th in U.S. for Business Tax Climate
Thursday, September 29, 2016
"Our Index gives taxpayers, the media, and policymakers a barometer to judge state tax systems against the rest of the country, while providing a roadmap to reform their tax codes to a simpler, more neutral, more transparent system," said the Tax Foundation on their website.
Mass ranks 37th in corporate tax, 13th in individual income tax, 18th in sales tax, 49th in unemployment insurance tax and 45th in poverty tax.
Massachusetts ranks 27th in the country directly behind Nebraska and Hawaii at 25 and 26, while ranking ahead of Mississippi and North Dakota at 28 and 29 respectively.
The worst State Business Tax Climate is New Jersey, while the best is Wyoming.
The report shows tax systems as of July 1, 2016.
See the Full Rankings in the Map Below.
Related Slideshow: Taxpayer Return on Investment in Massachusetts
- Worcester’s Business Tax Breaks Create Jobs - and ‘Inequity’
- Smart Benefits: IRS Issues Final Regulation on Small Business Tax Credit
- Smart Benefits: Why Aren’t More Companies Taking Small Business Tax Credit?
- Smart Benefits: Year-End ACA Tax Tip for Employers
- Giorgio: Worcester‘s Tax Rate Battle
- Smart Benefits: ACA’s “Cadillac Tax” Delayed
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of 37-Year-Old Male Taxi Driver
- City of Worcester: GoLocal’s Delinquent Property Tax Story Lacks Clarity
- Former Worcester Pastor Sentenced for Filing False Tax Returns
- Smart Benefits: File 2014 Taxes—or Risk Losing Subsidy
- Smart Benefits: New IRS Notice Issued on Cadillac Tax
- #100 to #1: Businesses in Worcester That Owe the Most in Delinquent Property Taxes
- Businesses in Worcester Owe More than $2 Million in Delinquent Property Taxes
- Labor Groups in Worcester Demanding Changes to Tax Breaks for Developers
- Worcester Free Tax Service Coalition Kicks-off 12th Year Providing Free Tax Prep
- Warren Sees 54 Economists & Professors Support her Tax Legislation
- Smart Benefits: Time to Review Premium Tax Credit Payments
- Worcester Airport to Receive $1.4 Million Grant to Install Taxiway Lighting
- Debt & Tax Collection are Top Scams in Massachusetts
- Is It Safe to Be a Taxi Driver in Worcester?
- Quaboag Valley CDC Receives Tax Credit Award
- Worcester Taxi Drivers Face Financial and Physical Threats
- Worcester Police Provide Safety Tips for Taxi & Fast Food Delivery Drivers
- MA Has 8th Highest Auto Taxes in U.S.
- Weird Tax Facts in Each of the 50 States
- Smart Benefits: Received an ACA Tax Bill? Look Twice Before Paying