Worcester State Set to Kick Off Black History Month
Friday, January 30, 2015
The first event starts takes place on Wednesday, February 4 at 11:30 a.m. when former white supremacist Arno Michaelis and author Daryl Davis will speak at the Blue Lounge of the student center on the Worcester State campus.
The event is free and open to the public.
The next event takes place on Thursday, February 5 at 10 a.m. when Dr. Yaba Blay, one of the countries leading authorities on colorist and global skin color politics will offer a lecture. Blay's lecture will take place the the Blue Lounge of the student center on the Worcester State Campus.
The third event will take place on Friday, February 6 at 11:30 a.m. and features Of Ebony Embers: Vignettes of the Harlem Renaissance performing at Sullivan Auditorium.
Of Ebony Embers is a music theater work for solo actor and chamber music trio
This event is free and open to the public.
- Worcester State Football Excited About Young Talent
- NEW: Worcester State Named Top Public Regional University by US News
- NEW: Worcester State Closed Friday-Sunday Ahead of Blizzard
- Worcester State Breaks Ground on New Residence Hall
- Worcester State Explores the Challenges of Urban Education
- NEW: Worcester State to Honor Distinguished Alumni
- BREAKING: Deal Struck for Worcester State Hospital Clock Tower
- Worcester State University Offers Free Tax Preparation
- Pulitzer Prize Winner Speaks at Worcester State
- Worcester State Raises More Than $6 Million From Donors
- Central MA College Standout: Worcester State’s Phyllis Duff
- Worcester State University Joins Generation Study Abroad
- Worcester State University to Present Faculty Art Exhibit
- Worcester State University To Rename Civic Engagement Center for Representative Binienda
- NEW: Worcester State Releases Statement on Armed Sexual Assault
- NEW: Worcester State Named as Top 75 Best Value College in U.S.
- NEW: Worcester State President Named to NCAA Committee
- Worcester State Partners with Bridge Program Students for Recital
- Central MA College Standout: Worcester State’s Nicole Michaud
- Worcester State Theater Opens Dark Comedy “The Pillowman”
- 8 Great Ways to Celebrate Black History Month
- Don Roach: Black History Month Needs to Go
- WSU to Host Dialogue and Discussion During Black History Month