Did the PawSox Just Tweet that they Reject the Mattiello Legislation?
Sunday, July 08, 2018
“If you want the @PawSox to remain in RI you must use the State’s pristine credit rating...Asking the Pawsox owners and the city of Pawtucket to cough up another $48 million is an example of not putting out the “Welcome Mat.” - Jim O'Neill expresses skepticism re: Mattiello Bill,” read the Tweet. The reference to O’Neill is a guest MINDSETTER™ piece published in GoLocal on Thursday. READ THE ENTIRE PIECE HERE.
The Tweet appears to be a strong indication that the present legislation does not work for the team.
"The sharing of Mr. O'Neill 's language by the official stadium Twitter account cannot be an accident. It's a clear signal that the team understands the flaws and fiscal dangers that are lurking within this plan,” said Henry Kinch, former President of the Pawtucket City Council. Kinch has been a critic of funding structures that put an excess burden on Pawtucket taxpayers.
According to reports in Worcester, PawSox officials attended a college league Bravehearts game at Fitton Field this past week — the home field of Holy Cross baseball and the site of Ted Williams’ first homer in a Red Sox uniform during an exhibition game between Boston and Holy Cross in 1939.
"If you want the @PawSox to remain in RI you must use the State’s pristine credit rating...Asking the Pawsox owners and the city of Pawtucket to cough up another $48 million is an example of not putting out the “Welcome Mat.” - Jim O'Neill expresses skepticism re: Mattiello Bill https://t.co/7NKN1voYby— [email protected] (@ballparkatSM) July 6, 2018
- Robert Whitcomb: PawSox Play, Watergate Summer De Luxe
- Hey RI, We Want the PawSox in Worcester, Guest MINDSETTER™ Quist
- 2 Worlds: All White PawSox Owners & Staff, Asking Pawtucket - 40% Minority & Poor - for Millions
- Robert Whitcomb: Christmas for RI’s Public Unions; Worcester Pitching the PawSox; Thayer St. Churn
- Whitcomb Says Chances of PawSox Going to Worcester are Slim
- Rice, Boggs & Mondor to be Inducted Into PawSox Hall of Fame
- Has the PawSox Brand Been Damaged This Year?
- PawSox Owners Drop Public Relations Team Following Failed Providence Bid
- Who Will Land the PawSox - Could Worcester, Springfield, or Fall River?
- VIDEO - What the PawSox Stadium Would Look Like in Worcester
- Not So Fast Worcester, Lucchino Says PawSox Are Slowing Down The Relocation Process
- Robert Whitcomb: Worcester Wouldn’t Well for PawSox; Taxing Away the Little Guys? Racial Fire
- Democrats, Labor Stack Hearing for PawSox Funding Scheme at RI State House
- GoLocal Statewide Poll: Just 13% of Rhode Islanders ‘Strongly Support’ Funding the PawSox Stadium
- New PawSox Deal - Owners Continue to Refuse to Take on Risk
- Pawtucket Mayor Grebien Blasts RI House Speaker Mattiello Over PawSox Failure
- EDITORIAL: RI Politics at its Worst — Last Minute Legislation Moving For PawSox Owners
- Whitcomb: Border Wars; Ninth Inning for the PawSox? Kochs Derail Public Transit; Small Real Retail
- PawSox Attendance Inflated By As Much as 300%
- PawSox Boss Lucchino Missing in RI
- Facing Overwhelming Public Opposition for PawSox Deal in RI, What is Next for Owners
- PawSox Deal Looks Dead for 2017, RI Speaker Mattiello Raises Concerns
- New PawSox Deal in RI: Cost of Borrowing Increases to $85M — 16% Increase
- Mattiello Cites GoLocal Poll in Rejecting Senate PawSox Measure
- Governor Raimondo Signs PawSox Funding Bill — Costs $83 Million More in Financing than Sen. Version