Winter Storm Watch Issued for Worcester Starting Tuesday at Noon
Monday, February 11, 2019
“A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts,” said the National Weather Service.
The service projects that four to six inches of snow and ice are possible with a heavy impact on the afternoon and evening commute.
Read the Winter Storm Watch Below
...WINTER WEATHER IMPACTS FOR THE TUESDAY AFTERNOON INTO EVENING
.Onset snow will transition to a wintry mix of mostly sleet then
to freezing rain across interior Southern New England beginning
around noon Tuesday, ending early to mid morning Wednesday. Along
the coast, will see snow transition to sleet before mixing with
and changing over to rain. Biggest concern are the impacts for
the Tuesday afternoon into evening commute. Hazardous travel
conditions with slick roadways, especially if left untreated, are
expected. Also reductions in visibility with any snow or sleet,
especially as snowfall rates of around an inch an hour are
forecast during onset.
Western Franklin MA-Eastern Franklin MA-Northern Worcester MA-
Western Hampshire MA-Western Hampden MA-Eastern Hampshire MA-
Eastern Hampden MA-Southern Worcester MA-Northern Middlesex MA-
Including the cities of Charlemont, Greenfield, Orange, Barre,
Fitchburg, Chesterfield, Blandford, Amherst, Northampton,
Springfield, Milford, Worcester, and Ayer
333 PM EST Mon Feb 11 2019
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING...
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation, initially snow transitioning over
to sleet and then mixing with freezing rain. Snow
accumulations of 4 to 6 inches and ice accumulations of up to
two tenths of an inch are possible.
* WHERE...Portions of central, eastern and western Massachusetts.
* WHEN...From Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday morning,
especially during the Tuesday afternoon into Tuesday evening
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Expect significant, potentially high end
travel impacts late Tuesday. Prepare accordingly and plan on
slippery road conditions and reductions to visibility.
Related Slideshow: Top Snow Cities in the United States
- NEW: Winter Weather on the Way to Welcome in New Year
- NEW: Winter Weather May Impact Afternoon Commute in Central Mass.
- NEW: More Winter Weather May Impact Monday Morning Commute
- NEW: John Ghiorse’s Winter Weather Update
- NEW: More Winter Weather on the Way
- SUCCEED WITH STYLE: What to Wear in Sloppy Winter Weather
- NEW: WInter Weather Advisory in Effect Sunday Night into Monday
- Small Business Association to Provide Winter Weather Tips Via Webinar
- NEW: National Weather Service Issues Winter Weather Advisory for Worcester
- Worcester Dept. of Public Works Issues Winter Weather Advisory
- MBTA Takes Precautions With Winter Weather Coming
- Smart Benefits: Reduce Winter Weather Workplace Risks
- 25 Winter Weather Tips
- Weather Update: Winter Weather Advisory Issued for Worcester
- NEW: National Weather Service Issues Winter Weather Advisory for Worcester Area
- Winter Weather Advisory in Effect For Worcester County