video: Nguyen’s Goal Lifts Revolution Over Montreal 1-0
Sunday, September 10, 2017
With the win, the Revs improve to 10-12-5 on the season and are one point behind the Montreal Impact and Atlanta United, who are tied for the sixth and final playoff spot.
Nguyen Comes Through
In the 68th minute, Nguyen took a pass from Teal Bunbury about 30 yards out, slipped past two Montreal defenders and finished the play by blasting the ball into the back of the net to put the Revs up 1-0.
The goal was Nguyen’s ninth of the season and 49th of his career. He is one goal away from becoming the first player in Revolution history to record 50 career goals.
Revolution Goalkeeper Cody Cropper became the third different goalkeeper in club history to record four consecutive home shutouts, joining Matt Reis and Bobby Shuttleworth.
The Revolution return to action on Wednesday, September 13 when they visit Atlanta.
Game time is set for 7 p.m.
- Revolution Fall 4-2 in US Open Cup Final
- Caldwell’s Goal Helps Revolution Blank Real Salt Lake 4-0
- Revolution Score Late to Tie New York FC 2-2
- Revolution Shut Out 1st Place Toronto FC 3-0
- Revolution get Shut Out by Union 4-0 at Gillette
- Revolution Take 1st Place in East With Win Over Red Bulls
- Revolution Players to Serve Dinner to Homeless Veterans Tonight
- Revolution Lose 1st Home Game of Season, Fall 2-1 to Chicago
- Revolution Fall 2-0 to First Place Toronto
- Kamara’s 2 Goals Lift Revolution Past Philadelphia 3-0
- Revolution to Host 3rd Annual Bowl for a Goal at Splitsville Luxury Lanes
- Revolution Fall 4-1 to Chicago Fire
- Bunbury’s Goal Lifts Revolution to 1-0 Win Over Vancouver
- Revolution Fall 1-0 to D.C. United
- Bunbury’s 2 Goals Lift Revolution Over Galaxy 4-3