Revolution Edge D.C. United 2-1 to Advance to U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinal
Thursday, June 29, 2017
They will host either the Philadelphia Union on July 11, or the New York Red Bulls on July 13.
Both games would be played at Jordan Field.
Revolution Come Back to Win
D.C. United's José Guillermo Ortiz started the scoring in the seventh minute just after Revolution forward Teal Bunbury hit the post on a shot.
New England’s Diego Fagundez tied the game just before the half with the first goal of his U.S. Open Cup career.
Fagundez took a free kick from just beyond the18-yard box an put it past the reach of D.C. United goalkeeper Travis Worra.
In the second half, forward Brian Wright gave the Revolution the lead with his first professional goal. Wright fired a shot from the left side of the penalty area into the back of the net.
The Revolution return to MLS play on Sunday, July 2 when they visit the Philadelphia Union at Talen Energy Stadium at 5 p.m.
The game will be shown on FS1.
- Revolution Return For 2015 Season
- Revolution Unveil New Secondary Kits
- Revolution Unbeaten In Seven-Straight, Win 2-1 Over New York
- Revolution Fall 2-1 to Vancouver, Home Unbeaten Streak Snapped
- Revolution Earn 2-2 Tie With Chicago
- Revolution Fall 2-1 To Galaxy In MLS Cup Final
- Revolution Supporters Fill StubHub Center
- MLS Cup Final - The Biggest Game In Revolution History?
- What to Watch For: MLS Cup Final - Revolution vs Galaxy
- NE Revolution Announce Viewing Party Locations For Sunday
- Scene Set For Revolution vs. Galaxy MLS Cup Final Matchup
- Revolution Beat Toronto 3-1 For 5th Straight Win
- Revolution Take 1st Place in East With Win Over Red Bulls
- Caldwell’s Goal Helps Revolution Blank Real Salt Lake 4-0
- College Admissions: 5 Websites Revolutionizing Admissions
- Revolution Score Late to Tie New York FC 2-2
- Revolution Shut Out 1st Place Toronto FC 3-0
- Revolution Lose 1st Home Game of Season, Fall 2-1 to Chicago
- Revolution Fall 4-2 in US Open Cup Final
- Revolution get Shut Out by Union 4-0 at Gillette
- Jencunas: Trump, Not Sanders, is the Political Revolution
- MA to be National Center for Revolutionary Fiber & Textile Manufacturing Innovation Institute
- Revolution Players to Serve Dinner to Homeless Veterans Tonight
- Fit For Life: What we Can Learn From the New England Revolution
- Revolution Fall 2-0 to First Place Toronto