Sharks Late Rally Not Enough, Fall to Wolf Pack 4-3
Monday, November 03, 2014
The Wolf Pack built up their lead early in the first period, scoring three goals on seven shots, their first goal coming just 29 seconds into the game. Chris Bourque, J.T. Miller and Danny Kristo all were able to find the back of the net to give the Pack their commanding lead. Later in the third period, the Wolf Pack's Jesper Fast added another to put Hartford up 4-0 in the game.
For the Sharks, Ryan Carpenter broke the Hartford shut out with a goal, followed by Freddie Hamilton and Tyler Kennedy who cut the Hartford lead to one but Worcester could not get the equalizer despite outshooting the Wolf Pack 12-7 in the third period.
Between the pipes, rookie goaltender J.P. Anderson made the start for Worcester, making 14 saves in the loss. For the Wolf Pack, Cedrick Desjardins made 39 saves in the game, allowing three goals, in his first start with the Wolf Pack and got the win.
The Sharks return home this week for a Wednesday night showdown with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. This will be the first meeting between these two teams this season. Click here to purchase tickets to the game.
- Worcester Sharks New Leadership: Cleaning House, Rebuilding Team
- Worcester Sharks Host Jobs Fair
- Worcester Sharks #SharkWeek on Tap Beginning Saturday
- Worcester Sharks Score 3-on-3 Overtime Winner in Binghamton
- Worcester Sharks Lose 3-4 to Portland Pirates
- Worcester Sharks Beat Portland Pirates 4-1
- Worcester Sharks Beat Providence Bruins in Overtime Thriller
- Worcester Sharks Score 5-4 Victory Over Hershey Bears
- More Worcester Sharks Firings: Blood In The Water
- NEW: Mudd Steps Down as President of Worcester Sharks