Corridor 9 Chamber to Change Name to Corridor 9/495
Friday, December 07, 2018
The Board of Directors of the Corridor Nine Area Chamber of Commerce voted to rebrand and change its name to the Corridor 9/495 Regional Chamber of Commerce.
“Our member businesses hail from 63 towns and cities from Central Massachusetts, and 45% of our membership comes from businesses operating outside our core towns of Westborough, Northborough, Southborough, Shrewsbury, and Grafton,” said Karen Chapman, President, and CEO of the Corridor 9/495 Regional Chamber of Commerce.
The vote took place on November 29.
The chamber’s central location at the intersections of the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90), I-495 and Route 9, is known as a highly desirable destination for business development.
The chamber’s membership represents a wide range of small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, high technology manufacturing, cutting-edge healthcare companies, non-profits, restaurants, hotels, service companies from Class A office parks, and mixed-use commercial developments.
“This is not about abandoning our name or our roots with the core communities that our Chamber will continue to serve and represent. The Chamber’s leadership believed it was time to align our name and branding as a regional organization that accurately reflects who we are, and our ability to attract a growing constituency of businesses that want to be part of our organization,” said Mary Simone, Chair of the Board of the newly named Chamber, and General Manager of the Marlborough Courtyard by Marriott.
Along with unveiling its new name and logo, the Chamber will be launching a new website in late January.
The new website will feature a responsive design and a user-friendly experience providing ease of access to key information, tools, and resources.
- Small Business Association’s Emerging Leaders Initiative to be Held in Worcester
- Better Business Bureau Offers Tips on Creating a Budget in 2018
- Clark’s Grad School of Management Recognized as a Top Business School
- Better Business Bureau Warns of “Is This You” Facebook Scam
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Bridezilla, Acing the Business Lunch & Easier Job Hunting
- Better Business Bureau Offers Tips for Those Signing Up for Gym Memberships
- MA Health Connector for Business Visits Employers & Workspaces During Launch Week
- Warren Asks Former Equifax CEO Smith if Breach Created Business Opportunities
- MA Health Connector Visits Worcester Businesses to Promote Open Enrollment
- MA Health Connector Launches Small Business Website
- Better Business Bureau Warns of Online Dating Scams
- MA Health Connector Announces Partnership With New England Business Association
- Eastern Bank Ranked Top Small Business Lender in Massachusetts
- Smart Benefits: Proposed Rule to Alleviate Reporting Burden on Large Businesses
- Small Businesses Feel “Underappreciated” by Their Banks, Says J.D. Power
- Holy Cross Set to Host Women in Business Conference
- CVS Tests Membership Program — Mega Business Rivalry with Amazon is Exploding
- Worcester Regional Chamber to Host Business After Hours Thursday