Eastern Bank Ranked Top Small Business Lender in Massachusetts
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Eastern Bank was also the top third-party lender with 29 loans totaling $10.87 million.
“177 active SBA lenders in our Massachusetts network are supporting job creation and economic growth in our local communities every day. Together this fiscal year 8,058 jobs were created and 9,047 jobs were retained in the Commonwealth in a collective effort to build a vibrant and vigorous economy. We thank all of our partners and friends for working with the SBA to ensure equitable capital access,” said Robert H. Nelson, SBA Massachusetts District Director.
Eastern is also the number one Small Business lender in New England.
Top 10 Lenders
While Eastern Bank was number one, TD Bank ranked as the second highest producer of 7(a) loans with 227 approvals totaling $14.2 million.
Citizens Bank ranked third with 144 loans totaling over $21.14 million.
Completing the list of top ten SBA lenders in Massachusetts are Independence Bank, Leader Bank, Berkshire Bank, Salem Five, Santander Bank, Rockland Trust, and Cambridge Savings Bank.
Small Business Administration Lending
Overall, The U.S. Small Business Administration’s FY18 lending numbers showed that it guaranteed over $30 billion to small businesses that otherwise would not have had access to capital.
“We are providing tools, resources, and access to capital for America’s 30 million small businesses, and our FY18 numbers bear that out. SBA’s 7(a) and 504 loan programs have never been more dynamic, easy to use and accessible—helping small businesses succeed and thrive. Our loan programs in FY18 continue to show strong performance, and we believe the President’s tax cuts and deregulatory actions will help more small businesses grow and prosper in the coming year,” said SBA Administrator Linda McMahon.
In FY18 there were approximately 60,353 7(a) loans made, with a total dollar amount of $25.37 billion.
The SBA’s 504 loan program had another year of high performance for lending, with 5,874 loans made for a total dollar amount of over $4.75 billion.
- Smart Benefits: Fines for Small Business Premium Reimbursement Delayed
- ShopWoo Today to Help Worcester’s Small Businesses
- Smart Benefits: Fines Now In Effect for Small Business Health Plan Reimbursements
- SpencerBANK Named Small Business Lender of Quarter
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Mike Ricardi: Supporting Worcester’s Small Businesses Should Be Priority
- Smart Benefits: IRS Issues Final Regulation on Small Business Tax Credit
- Worcester Gets an “F” for Small Business Friendliness
- NEW: MA Earns D+ Grade for Small Business Friendliness
- SBA is Accepting Nominations for 2016 Small Business Week Awards
- Smart Benefits: Small Businesses Remain Those with 50 or Less Employees
- Smart Benefits: Small Businesses Beware of Proper Worker Classification
- Two Worcester Small Businesses Receive $525K in Funding
- Organize + Energize: 10 Organizing & Efficiency Tips for Small Business Owners
- MA Ranked as One of Most Friendly States in U.S. for Small Business
- MA Health Connector Launches Small Business Website