Things to do Over School Vacation in Central MA
Sunday, February 18, 2018
To help keep them busy, GoLocalWorcester.com has compiled a list of great things to do over the break.
From museums to festivals, to concerts and more that is so much to keep you busy.
So round up the kids, get out of the house and explore during this vacation.
SEE WHAT TO DO IN THE SLIDESHOW BELOW
Related Slideshow: Things to do Over School Vacation in Central MA - 2018
Winterfest at Old Sturbridge Village
Visitors can enjoy a horse-drawn winter sleigh ride, and sledding on 1830s-style reproduction sleds (weather permitting). Indoor activities include learning about and making chocolate, along with tours and other demonstrations.
The event goes from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Brick by Brick: A Community Castle Exhibition at Worcester Art Museum
Artists, and particularly Lego enthusiasts are encouraged to submit a plastic-brick castle they have created to Brick by Brick. This exhibition will display the broad artistic interpretations of this material.
Works must be self-created.
Works must fit the theme of Castles, and must be made of plastic brick building materials, such as Legos.
The event goes from 10 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Sundays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Great Wolf Lodge
What better way to escape the cold snow and ice than a day or two at an indoor water park? Great Wolf Lodge is 68,000 square foot mecca of waterslides, wave pools, and more, where they promise "it's always 84 degrees." With other activities such as a rope course, an arcade, mini golf, and laser tag, there's something here for kids of all ages.
The Tommy James Magic Show at Worcester Public Library
Kick off school vacation week with a magic show for the whole family! Tommy, voted the 2010 KIDabra International Family Performer of the year, will dazzle, amaze, amuse, and astound with his hilarious and magic-packed show complete with a real, live rabbit.
All ages welcome.
The show runs from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 22.
Art Cart: Medieval at Worcester Art Museum
You might discover the armor worn by knights and how it was used. Or create your own heraldry so your friends (and foes) can identify you.
Ask a friendly docent what topic will be on tap
The event goes from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays.
- 7 Great Family February Vacation Outdoor Activities
- Fun Family Getaways for February School Vacation
- 7 Family Fun Activities for April Vacation
- MathAltitude Helps Kids Retain Math Skills During Summer Vacation
- Urban Gardener: Vacation Harvests
- 6 Central Mass. Family Day Trips For School Vacation Week
- Family Festivities Planned at Sturbridge for April Vacation
- Summer in Winter: Beauty Buys with a Vacation Vibe
- 5 Great School Vacation Ideas
- Family Matters: School Vacation Ideas & More
- Family Matters: Last-Minute School Vacation Ideas
- Could Off Shore Oil Drilling Ruin Your Cape Cod Summer Vacation?
- Worcester Public Library Announces Programs, Extended Hours for April Vacation
- Organize + Energize: 8 Things Not to do When Packing for Vacation
- Finneran: The President’s Vacations
- Leonard Moorehead, the Urban Gardener: Summer Garden Vacations
- 55% of MA Residents Leave Vacation Time on Table, Says New Study
- Things to do Over School Vacation Week in Central MA
- Tower Hill Offers a Series of Events During February Vacation
- Paul Giorgio: Presidential Vacations
- 20 Awesome Things To Do In Southern New England On February Vacation
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Goodrich: Legislature Must Act on Excessive Unused Sick & Vacation Time
- Worcester Public Library to Host School Vacation Week Events
- EcoTarium to Host City Critters, Movie Premiere Over Winter Vacation