Tower Hill Botanic Garden’s Fall Fest Begins Sept. 24
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Tower Hill Botanic Garden will host three weekends of Fall Fest celebrating the plants, local food, and flowers of the 2016 gardening season.
Fall Fest will take place on Sept. 24 and 25; Oct. 1 and 2; and Oct. 8, 9, and 10.
Activities marking the arrival of autumn include fall children’s crafts, live music, heirloom apple tastings, seasonal local food, orchard tours, cider making and tasting, an American Craft Fair, face painting, chef demonstrations, honey tasting, hay rides, food trucks and much more.
Visitors should also explore the new stick work exhibit, the Tower Hill through the seasons video showing in the indoor theater, botanic library, the nonprofit’s 15 gardens still in bloom and active with bees, birds and butterflies.
Related Slideshow: 20 Reasons Why Fall in New England is the Best Season - 2016
Wearing Comfy Sweaters while visiting the Mass Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary
Listen to the sounds of birds chirping, see the rabits hopping around happily and so much more when you visit the Mass Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary.
You may need a little sweater but you will not regret the walk, or seeing the wildlife.
Grape Season at Newport Vineyards
For wine lovers, this is one of the best times of the year because it's grape season.
There are many great Vineyards around New England but Newport Vineyards tops the list and fall is one of the best times to visit, even if you may need a sweater.
Enjoy the wine.
International Oktoberfest at Alex & Ani Center
International Oktoberfest will take pace at the Alex & Ani Center in Providence on Saturday, September 24 and 25.
The festival will include seasonal beer, German cuisine and live music.
One of the main events of the fall season in all of New England.
Leaf Peeping in The Berkshires
Arguably the coolest thing about the fall season is the changing of the leaves. You will want to go up to the Berkshires and stroll through a park or just down a street and take note of all the colors, it's a must do fall activity.
How many colors can you see?
Start of Apple Picking Season at Pippen Orchards
There are not to many better fall family activities then to spend a day picking some apples.
Be sure to make the most out of the start of the fall season when you pick Pippin Orchards apples.
Then bring the apples home to make apple pie, apple sauce, or enjoy as they are.
The Deutsche Bank Championship at TPC Boston
The best golfers in the world are all in Boston for the second leg of the FedEx Cup Playoffs this Labor Day Weekend.
Defending champion Rickie Fowler will look to repeat while superstars Rory McIlroy, Jordan Spieth and Jason Day look to take his title.
Learning at Plimoth Plantation
The fall season is Plimoth Plantation's busiest time of year and it is a great time to bring the family.
Visit the Wampanoag Homesite, the 17th-Century English Village, Nye Barn, Craft Center, Plimoth Bread Company, Mayflower II, and the Plimoth Grist Mill!
A great way to learn and have fun at the same time.
Last Golf Rounds of the Season at Harbor Lights
Warwick, Rhode Island
Golfers don't put away those clubs just yet. The summer may be nearly over but the fall offers some of the best golf weather of the entire season.
Take advantage of it at the beautiful Harbor Lights golf course in Warwick.
Cozy Sweaters at Waterfire
Providence, Rhode Island
The evenings do get a bit cooler, however, they are still some of the best nights of the season and the fires are still burning bright in Providence.
Grab your nicest, coziest sweater and head down for an evening of fun, romance and much more.
Every fall for the last 15-16 years, the New England Patriots have entered the season with a chance to win the Super Bowl, in a lot of cases, even favored to win it.
That's pretty cool and is a big reason why fall is the best season in New England.
Although, the first four games of this season may be tricky.
Last Chances for Al Fresco Dining at Boat House Restaurant
The views of Mount Hope Bay are unparalleled. Enjoy some wine with a snack or three while watching the sunset. The chef is known for a well-balanced menu of seasonal treats that uses locally sourced seafood in creative ways.
Celebrate the arrival of fall and sit outside at the Boat House Restaurant.
Star of Pumpkin Picking at Jaswell's Farm
Pumpkin picking is a timeless event for families, especially those with young kids who will love to just run around and grab whichever pumpkin looks good to them.
The fall season is all about pumpkins and pumpkin picking is one of the best fall activities going.
PHOTO: Flickr/Glenn Fleischman
Attend King Richard's Faire
Dive into history at King Richard's Faire, New England's oldest and largest Renaissance Festival and most beloved annual fall event. Dress up, play games and learn alot at a faire that is a great fall event for the entire family.
The Faire starts on September 3 and goes until October 23
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden Joins Massachusetts ‘Garden Trail’
- Live Caterpillar Show Coming to Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Catch Gardener’s Emporium at Tower Hill With Your WOO Card
- Tower Hill Botantic Garden To Host Plant Sale on May 31
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden To Launch Health and Wellness Series
- Tower Hill Executive Director to Receive National Award
- Don’t Miss: Rose Show at Tower Hill Father’s Day Weekend
- Don’t Miss: African Violet Show at Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Don’t Miss: 25,000 Daffodils Blooming at Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Tower Hill Free for Mothers on Mother’s Day Weekend
- Tower Hill Announces Summer Concert Series
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden to Host The New England Herb Show
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden to Present Season of Harvest
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden Announces Upcoming Schedule
- Tower HIll Botanic Garden Announces Opening of The Court: A Garden Within Reach
- Tower Hill to Host Largest Outdoor Exhibit in Their 30 Year History
- Tower Hill to Host Book Signing With Susan Orlean
- Tower Hill to Host Members Only Concert on July 21
- Annual Farmers Gala Set for May 19 at Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden to Host Variety of Valentine’s Weekend Events
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden to Host Artisan Weekend
- Tower Hill to Host Autumn Joys Flower Show
- Winter Reimagined Returnst to Tower Hill on Nov. 27th
- Area Chefs to Give Seasonal Cooking Demonstrations at Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden to Host Fall Plant Sale on September 10