Worcester Art Museum Announces Cats-in-Residence Program
Wednesday, July 06, 2016
The program will take place on Tuesday, July 12 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Worcester Art Museum.
The installation will be open during regular Museum hours between July 13 and September 4.
Worcester Art Museum will be the 4th location for the installation.
The Cats-in-Residence Program integrates are and rescue to address animal overpopulation in urban areas.
Volunteers will be on site to help facilitate adoptions. The Worcester Art Museum will be the 4th location
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Pets in Need of Loving Homes - July 5, 2016
Fiona is a four year old, sixty (60) pound pittie mix who is joyfully waiting for her "furever home". Fiona's loves in life include carrying around her stuffed animals, posing in cozy holiday sweaters, and playing with other dogs. In her current foster home Fiona enjoys running around with the large, goofy resident male pittie. Her ideal home would have a similarly sized, and similarly energized companion so she can continue to play, play, play!
Meet handsome Murphy! Murphy is a five-year-old, sixty (60) pound Mastiff pittie mix who is as adorable as he is photogenic!
Murphy is a charmer who makes fast friends with everyone he meets; truly Murphy loves all people. His tail is always wagging so he would do best in a home with children ten and older who won't be knocked down by the enthusiastic love for life his swishing tail shows. Though Murphy enjoys the company of other dogs, he can be initially shy, and need some time to warm up to them.
Seeley is a cuddly and gorgeous two year old dog, and all he wants to do is be loved and show his human companions that he loves them back. He loves people from the moment he meets them. In fact, there's not much that he DOESN'T love; he even went back for thirds when he first tried lime juice! If you give the guy an ice cube, he'll freak out for a few seconds and then munch it right down.
Austin is a feisty 6-year-old, 25 pound terrier mix who loves to snuggle. He likes to play ball and take apart stuffed animals. He is house-trained, crate-trained, polite on the leash, and knows how to sit. He gets along with non-reactive dogs and cats, but because he is very cautious about how he is touched, he is not a good fit for households with children. Austin will be a loyal, loving companion for someone who can give him some training and structure.
Cosmo Kramer is between 2 and 3 years old and weighs about 18 pounds. He's house trained and loves his people. Cosmo Kramer is searching for a quiet home with an experienced adopter. This little fluffy boy is loving and loyal. Cosmo Kramer prefers not to interact with house guests and will need an adopter that understands his need for quiet time and space. When guests arrive, Cosmo would just as soon go to another room and come back after the house guests leave. Cosmo Kramer currently lives with a couple, but he would prefer to be a ladies man. Como Kramer is neutered and up to date with his immunizations.
Freddie is a 10 year old cuddly hunk! He may be shy at first, but warmed up quickly to his foster family. He loves to sleep really close to his people and loves to follow you where ever you go! Freddie's ideal forever home would include at least one comfy lap snuggle up in and would provide him with frequent petting sessions.
Jackson is a sweet tabby boy that wants nothing more than to cuddle in a warm lap and get a few chin scratches. He is a playful 11 year old that loves his toys. Jackson has lived peacefully with two dogs, but does not like to share his space with other cats. His family had to surrender him due to a family member's allergies.
- Worcester Art Museum Announces Free Admission During August
- Images of Child Soldiers in Africa Come to Worcester Art Museum
- Exhibition of Iconic ‘Fallen Paintings’ to Open at Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum to Celebrate Dia de los Muertos on Nov 1
- Worcester Art Museum to Present Reflections on Rockwell
- ‘Lunch Lady’ Author to Hold Online Auction for Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum Begins Construction on New Access Bridge
- New Exhibit Perfectly Strange to Debut at Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum to Celebrate Batman Day
- Worcester Art Museum to Present Portraits by William Hogarth
- Artist Tory Fair to Speak At Worcester Art Museum
- 73rd Worcester Arts Festival to Be Held on March 17
- Star Wars Day Coming to Worcester Art Museum
- 10 to Watch in 2016: Joe Bafaro Jr., Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum Set to Host Winter Classes
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Flora in Winter From January 28-31
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Workshops For Kids During February Break
- Worcester Arts Council Announces MCC Gold Star to N-CITE
- Worcester Art Museum to Trace Trajectory of Cyanotype in Major U.S. Exhibition
- Worcester Art Museum Names Bafaro Jr. President of Board
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Festival of Lanterns