Worcester Center for Crafts Announces Start of Youth Classes
Friday, September 22, 2017
This fall, the center is offering five different classes that each run for six weeks beginning on October 5.
Clay Animals & Characters
6-9 years | Oct 5-Nov 9 | 4-6 PM
Kids can create favorite animals and characters using a variety of ceramics techniques and tools, adding color and pizzazz with glaze!
Made with Metal
10-13 years | Oct 5-Nov 9 |4-6 PM
Learn to use the specialized tools and techniques of metal working such as sawing, filing, soldering and more to design and create your own jewelry sculptures.
Ceramic Pottery & Sculpture
14-17 Years | Oct 6-Nov 10 | 4-6 PM
Learn a variety of techniques- on the wheel and off- to expand your creative possibilities. A mix of instructor-led and free choice projects make this class great for both beginning and returning students.
All Level Teen Flameworking
Oct 5-Nov 6 | 4-6 PM
Beginning and returning teen glass students will cover a variety of glass flameworking techniques, creating several types of glass pieces.
Parent/Child Craft Explorers!
4-9 years | Oct 7-Nov 11 | 10-11:30AM
Together, parents and children will explore ceramic sculpture, jewelry making, metal sculpture, printing, and more. Your instructor will guide your journey through a variety of media with projects inspired by favorite books and artists!
Related Slideshow: 20 Can’t Miss Fall Festivals in New England - 2017
September 9 & 10
The Rhode Island Seafood Festival is an annual event, which started in 2011, that brings together the best local sellers of seafood and other fine fare as well as beer, wine and spirits from Ocean State producers.
The festival includes live music, great food and much more.
The festival will go from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
South Kingstown, RI
The third annual Ocean State Beer Festival will take place at Whalers Brewing Company in South Kingstown.
The festival will feature beer from breweries around Rhode Island.
The festival is hosted by the Rhode Island Brewer’s Guild.
The Phantom Gourmet Food Festival is an event to look forward too and it will be held on September 12 from 12- 4 p.m. on two streets next to Fenway Park.
Tickets are $40 in advance and online and will go up to $50 at the event.
The ticket includes sampling 100 of Phantom's foods from hot dogs and pizza to pulled pork and more. Beer and wine will be served on the street.
September 15 - October 1
West Springfield, MA
The Big E in West Springfield, Massachusetts features a circus spectacular, Mardi Gras parade, agricultural competitions, arts & crafts, food contests, live music, and midway.
Sample food and enjoy rides, games, horse shows, historical exhibits and more.
September 15 -16
2017 Fitchburg Greek Festival at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church
The 2017 Festival begins at on Friday, September 15 from 5 p.m.to 10 p.m. and continues on Saturday, September 16 from 11 am. to 10 p.m.
The festival will feature an outdoor bar area, a menu including Mezedes, Greek BBQ, and pastries, vendors, music, and dance.
Ocean State Oyster Festival at Riverwalk Park
The Ocean State Oyster Festival hopes to raise awareness and celebrate RI’s aquaculture industry.
The festival will take place on Saturday from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Providence.
The festival will feature fine local food, beer, wine, and refreshments, local bands & DJs, activities for kids, culinary exhibitors, educational exhibits, a shucking contest.
Purchasing a general admission ticket gets you a half dozen oysters and an ice cold craft beer of your choice.
September 23 & 24
KidsFest 2017 at Wachusett Mountain
Wachusett Mountain, MA
The festival runs from 10 a.m. on the 23rd to 5 p.m. on the 24th.
It will include entertainment such as a BMX Bike Show, Rainforest Reptile Shows Inc., and a Baby Animal Petting Zoo.
There will also be sample skiing and a USA Ninja Warrior Challenge Course.
The Burke Mountain Fall Foliage Festival is one of the biggest festivals of the year in Vermont.
Events at the festival include a parade which begins at 10 a.m., a farm animal petting zoo, horse-drawn carriage rides, a beer and wine tent open from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and live music by Tritium Well from 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
October 5 - November 5
This annual event, created by artists and craftsmen of Passion for Pumpkins, and features 5,000 illuminated jack-o-lanterns, with over 125 of them artistically carved and displayed in scenes to play out the annual theme.
The annual Fall Festival Weekend welcomes the start of a new season with live music every day, a crafts fair and some friendly competition.
That competition includes the 17th Annual North American Wife Carrying Competition where teams will compete and winners will receive the wife's weight in beer and five times her weight in cash.
PHOTO: Sunday River
The New Hampshire Brewfest will feature more than 150 beers from over 50 brewers.
Admission includes entry to the session specified on your ticket, 5oz souvenir sampling cup, beer samples, and live music and festivities
Dive into history at King Richard's Faire, New England's oldest and largest Renaissance Festival and most beloved annual fall event. Dress up, play games and learn a lot at a fair that is a great fall event for the entire family.
The Fair started on September 2 through October 22
- Make Your Own Halloween Mask at Worcester Center for Crafts with Your Woo Card
- Worcester Center for Crafts: Make Your Own Sangria Pitcher
- Worcester Center for Crafts to Host Architecture Exhibit
- Worcester Center for Crafts Unveils Half-Million Dollar Expansion
- Leading in Central Ma: Worcester Center for Crafts’ Honee A. Hess
- Inside Guide: The Worcester Center for Crafts
- NEW: Enameling Exhibit Opens at Worcester Center for Crafts Tonight
- New: Pottery Show to be Held at Worcester Center for Crafts
- Hot Night In the City Coming to the Worcester Center for Crafts
- Worcester Center for Crafts Presents Donna Dufault’s Culinary Imaginings
- Pottery Invitational at Worcester Center for Crafts Set for May 13-15
- Worcester State Professors Featured in Exhibit at Worcester Center for Crafts
- Pottery Invitational at Worcester Center for Crafts to Feature 20 Artists
- Worcester Center for Crafts to Host Hot Night in the City Block Party
- Worcester Center for Crafts Announces Registration for Summer Fun Program
- Worcester Center for Crafts to Host Symposium on Brazilian Culture
- Worcester Center for Crafts Announces Winter Classes
- Pottery Invitational Set for This Weekend at Worcester Center for Crafts
- Worcester Center for Crafts’ Holiday to Feature Over 60 Artists
- CUPS Exhibit on Display at Worcester Center for Crafts
- Worcester Center for Crafts Set to Open New Exhibit Featuring Art from Brazil
- Worcester Center for Crafts Announces New Artists in Residence