ArtsWorcester to Honor Stephen DiRado on September 9
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
"Stephen is a living legend in this city. He devotes inestimable amounts of time and energy to fellow artists in this city, nurturing their careers, advising and guiding them, all while producing exquisite and sustained photographic projects for his national audience," says Juliet Feibel, Executive Director of ArtsWorcester.
DiRado will receive the ArtsWorcester Award during ArtsWorcester's Annual Meeting, which is immediately followed by a reception celebrating him and the first exhibitions of the ArtsWorcester season, Material Needs and The Pace of Nature.
The event is free to all.
Stephen DiRado, Professor of Practice in Visual and Performing Arts at Clark University, is a renowned photographer, teacher, and mentor to generations of Worcester artists.
For his photography, he has received fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation, the Massachusetts Cultural Council, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the Massachusetts Artists Foundation, among others.
- NEW: Anonymous Benefactor Donates $5,000 to ArtsWorcester
- ‘Quiet Focus’ Exhibit Brings Unique Photography to ArtsWorcester
- Architecture and Furniture are Art at New ArtsWorcester Exhibit
- New exhibit to open at ArtsWorcester gallery
- ArtsWorcester Hosting Two Exciting Exhibits
- NEW: Tina Zlody named recipient of ArtsWorcester Annual Award
- NEW: ArtsWorcester Announces New Material Needs Grant Recipients
- Don’t Miss: 15th Annual ArtsWorcester Biennial Exhibition
- Two Abstract Art Exhibits Opening at ArtsWorcester
- Actress and Civic Leader Brigita Clementi to Receive ArtsWorcester Award
- ArtsWorcester Announces Opening of Grayscale Exhibit
- Honee Hess to Receive ArtsWorcester Award
- ArtsWorcester Receives $14,400 for Artist Professional Education
- ArtsWorcester Receives $7,500 Donation From Anonymous Benefactor
- ArtsWorcester Announces Prize Winners for 2016 College Show