Condit: The Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
Friday, June 05, 2015
Meghan leads a team of people that put together an evening of delicious food, fun entertainment, and treats for everyone. This is always one of the best internal events of the year, with staff enthusiastically honoring the volunteers by serving them for the evening, board members making a point to share their appreciation for the difference volunteers make in providing superior customer service to patrons, and Meghan makes a point to individually recognize every member of the corps of volunteers. She is also the one who pulls together the impressive statistics of exactly how many hours the hundreds of volunteers donate to the theatre’s operations, administrative, and overall theatre experience.
If we added the cost of the in-kind services and the time that volunteers have contributed since 2008, it would be in the millions of dollars. As countless people have raved about their friendly smiles, helpful ways, and professional demeanor over the last eight seasons, it is still amazing to realize and heartwarming to recognize the heart and soul of each volunteer, from the ones who have contributed hundreds of hours, to the select few who have given thousands of hours of service so that others may enjoy their experience at The Hanover Theatre. (It’s not surprising that many of the volunteers who have dedicated over 1,000 hours have previously been honored as volunteers of the year.) In addition to the diverse programming, I am sure that the environment of professional fun and discovery that the volunteers create for patrons is another one of the reasons that The Hanover Theatre has become one of Pollstar’s top 50 theatres worldwide, right here in downtown Worcester.
To hear more details and information shared at the annual volunteer appreciation dinner on June 3, tune in this Saturday to Behind the Scenes with The Hanover Theatre on WCRN AM830 from 1-2pm or check the blog early next week for updates. You can also like the theatre’s page on Facebook, visit their website, and sign up for weekly emails for the latest news, promotions, and contests.
- Condit: Take Your Passion and Make It Happen!
- Condit: What’s a Food Hub, and What Does it Have to do with Theatre?
- Worcester’s 10 Coolest People: Lisa Condit, Hanover Theatre Director of PR
- Condit: Cooperation and Good Will for a Great Cause with Dancing Pros: Live!
- Condit: Classic Fun for All, Live and In Color!
- Condit: Camelot: Fresh Take on King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
- Condit: What do Wanda Sykes and my Two Best Friends Have in Common?
- Condit: The Hanover Theatre Celebrates Its Birthday with Founders Tours
- Condit: Behind the Scenes with Roger McGuinn
- Condit: The Hanover Theatre Announces Season Full of Broadway Smash Hits
- Condit: History Comes Alive Through Theatre Tales and Tours
- Condit: Audition Notice for Role in Production of Camelot at The Hanover Theatre
- Condit: Leadership Tips from the Improv Experts
- Condit: Provocative Pink Martini Mixes with Young Professionals
- Condit: Behind the Scenes with The Hanover Theatre
- Condit: Theatre Brings TV Favorites to Life for Young Audiences
- Condit: Frank Carroll’s Mission to Help Feed the Hungry Continues