Bravehearts Launch Memorial Fund Benefitting Daughter of Christopher Roy
Monday, December 10, 2018
“Like everyone in our community, we were struck by the tragic loss of Firefighter Roy. We are thinking of Firefighter Roy’s family and especially of his young daughter at this time. Our organization was named the ‘Bravehearts’ in honor of Worcester’s uniformed heroes such as Christopher Roy, so this is our call to duty to honor his legacy of bravery,” said Bravehearts’ GM Dave Peterson.
An anonymous Bravehearts’ supporter has pledged to match funds donated dollar for dollar up to the fund’s goal of $5,000.
Donations may be given through this fund up until 11:59 pm on December 24, 2018.
Those who wish to support the fund may visit the GoFundMe page.
Roy, 36, was assigned to Ladder 4, Group 3 at the Webster Square Fire Station.
He had served on the Worcester Fire Department for 2 ½ years.
He leaves behind a 9-year old daughter, his parents who are Worcester residents, and a brother.
He was a Shrewsbury resident.
- Worcester Firefighter Roy Dies While Fighting 5-Alarm Fire
- Tragedy in Worcester Again, By Tom Kenney, Retired Captain PFD
- Bravehearts Add 7 Massachusetts Players to 2016 Roster
- Bravehearts Name J.P. Pyne as New Manager
- Worcester Bravehearts to Host 2016 Futures League All-Star Game
- Bravehearts Add 8 Players For Upcoming Season
- Bob Lobel to be Radio Play-by-Play Man for Worcester Bravehearts
- Bravehearts Set to Host FCBL All-Star Game Tonight
- Bravehearts to Hold Baseball Clinic at Worcester Public Library on Friday
- Bravehearts to Host Cape Cod League Team in Exhibition Game
- Worcester Bravehearts Release 2016 Schedule
- Bravehearts Named 2017 Futures League Organization of the Year
- Bravehearts Ranked 7th in Country for Attendance During 2017 Season
- Bravehearts Reveal Five Central MA Players on 2018 Roster
- Bravehearts Assistant Coach Hartigan to Retire, Milford HS Coach Dion to Join Team