Clark University Recognizes Two For Service to Worcester Community
Sunday, March 25, 2018
Clark University President David Angle presented the 2017 John W. Lund Community Achievement Awards to Micki Davis and Megan Tighe for their service to the Worcester community.
The Award Winners
Davis has served on the Board of Directors of the YWCA Central Massachusetts since 2006 and currently serves as board president.
She helped create strategic plans for racial and gender justice for early care and education, wellness, and health equity, and women’s economic empowerment and domestic violence services. She also provided strategic planning for leadership continuity and improved governance for the organization.
In addition, Davis is a member of the United Way of Central Massachusetts’ Women’s Initiative, and has represented Clark in the community through programs such as Leadership Worcester.
Davis has worked in community engagement at Clark since August of 2005. She received her Master of Public Administration from Clark in 2009; she currently is working toward a doctorate in education and organizational leadership at Northeastern University.
She is a resident of Worcester.
Tighe was honored for her longstanding commitment to and support of St. Peter’s Church, where she has mentored and tutored young students in an afterschool program since 2013. Tighe recently helped create a literacy curriculum for students in the program, and she has recruited, trained, and managed student volunteers from Clark. Tighe has also served as an intern at the Worcester Education Collaborative.
Tighe earned her B.A. from Clark in 2017; she majored in International Development and Social Change and minored in Spanish. She is pursuing her master of arts in teaching through Clark’s Accelerated B.A./Master's Degree Program and expects to complete her degree in May.
She plans to use the cash prize that comes with the Lund award to establish herself in a school district this year.
The John W. Lund Clark Community Achievement Award
The John W. Lund Clark Community Achievement Award recognizes the contributions made to the Worcester community by faculty, students, or staff members at Clark University.
- Clark Professor Akçam Receives ‘Upstander’ Award From World Without Genocide
- Clark to Celebrate Constitution Day With Panel on Criminal Justice Reform
- Clark to Host Panel Discussion on Paris Climate Accord
- Clark to Host Symposium on Children & Mass Violence
- Clark’s Williams Named to North American Carbon Program’s Science Leadership Group
- Harvard’s Gonzales to Speak About Undocumented Immigrants at Clark
- Clark Associate Professor Aylward Awarded Fellowship for Music Composition
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Host Chamberfest Concert Series at Clark
- Clark Professor Granados-Focil Elected to American Chemical Society Fellowship
- Poverty Researcher Elwood to Present ‘Visual Poverty Politics’ Lecture at Clark
- Criminal Justice Expert Fradella to Give Lecture on Racial Justice and Policing at Clark
- 9 Clark Students Receive Scholarships to Study Abroad This Spring
- Clark’s Strassler Center to Hold Spring Lectures on Holocaust & Genocide
- Clark Professor Peet to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award From American Assoc. of Geographers
- Filmmaker Davis to Host Lecture Called “Whose Streets” at Clark
- Clark’s Grad School of Management Recognized as a Top Business School
- Clark to Host Conference Honoring Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Global Cultures” Conference at Clark to Feature International Writers