DA Identifies Teen Killed in Millbury Home Fire
Saturday, December 08, 2018
“The matter remains under review. An autopsy report has not been received from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. The public is not in danger,” said the DA’s office in a statement.
According to the DA’s office, The smoky fire in the living room of the home was reported shortly after 9 p.m. on Saturday, December 1.
The body of Belanger was found in the rubble of the room.
Three other residents of the home escaped the fire, although one resident did sustain burns to his face and arms while trying to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher.
Belanger's body was removed from the scene by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
Memorial Fund Set Up
Friends of Belanger have set up a memorial fund gathering in support of him and his family.
The event will take place on Friday, December 14 at the Charles F. Minney VFW Post 3329.
It will go from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The Facebook post says the following:
As most of you know the Millbury community has suffered a tough loss and our boys have lost a dear friend. We are an amazing community and this family needs us now more than ever! Let pull together and show our support! We will be having raffles to raise money... We are looking for gift baskets, gift cards and any businesses who would like to donate. As well as any businesses who would like to donate food for the event.
All proceeds will go directly to the family.
- Worcester Man Found Dead in House Fire at 11 Halmstad St.
- DA Early: Man Arrested in Connection With Uxbridge House Fire
- Multiple Gunshots Fired into Everard Street Apartment in Worcester
- Worcester Home Catches Fire After Car Crashes into Nearby Wall
- Worcester Man Arrested After Driving Car at Firefighters
- Worcester Fire Department to Hold Rapid Intervention Rescue Drills on Monday
- Worcester Fire Department to Unveil New Rescue Vehicle